Jump to content

How is blood going to be handled?


Recommended Posts

I don't know if you remember this from other games but they tend to tone the blood and gore down when they are show-casing it at events and such. I wouldn't worry about the details. I am sure they will be realistic to the human body as possible in the game.

Link to post
11 minutes ago, CyberDemon said:

I don't know if you remember this from other games but they tend to tone the blood and gore down when they are show-casing it at events and such. I wouldn't worry about the details. I am sure they will be realistic to the human body as possible in the game.

They did this with RDR2 I think. I do remember someone asking about it and them mentioned that things are toned down for the sake of presentation. Like a lot of these public events have children at them and it is hard to avoid them seeing things in many cases.

  • Like 1
Link to post
22 minutes ago, FearBoz said:

I would imagine it will be like most other games. Because graphics have gotten so good, a lot of games have to be toned down and toned back when presenting to the general public like mentioned because of ratings. 

That is what I heard. I never given it much thought. I just assumed they purposely avoided showing it because of the rating guidelines. I had no idea they actually toned it down but it makes sense they would in order to showcase more of the game.

  • Like 1
Link to post
On 10/14/2020 at 4:40 PM, Tanykome said:

The game is going to be violent and filled with gore when it needs to be represented. Like others have mentioned, it will more than likely just toned down a bit. 

You mean was toned down, right? 

I never realized they did this kind of stuff but I have never been one to watch presentations like E3 or anything of the sort. So maybe it was just an oversight on my part. 

Link to post

I remember hearing about this years ago when I went to an E3 event. The only one I ever went to. People were talking about it. It makes sense really. They still show enough to give you an idea that this game is clearly for adults.

Link to post
On 10/18/2020 at 12:49 AM, KyleZ said:

You mean was toned down, right? 

I never realized they did this kind of stuff but I have never been one to watch presentations like E3 or anything of the sort. So maybe it was just an oversight on my part. 

Yeah, they just make it less apparent by adjusting some settings. Some games in the past have had this as an option in game for players. They might have that be a thing for this one, who knows. 

Link to post
On 10/24/2020 at 2:50 PM, Crabby said:

I saw someone else talking about this on another site and I think a lot of the people who were responding were overreacting a bit. This game is going to have blood and violence, no worries on that!!

Yup. They will have a nice mix of everything in it. That is the beauty of a mature game. With that rating, you can go pretty far. Considering there are games out there about fighting nazis, this shouldn't surprise anyone. lol

Link to post
On 10/14/2020 at 4:33 PM, Ghost said:

They did this with RDR2 I think. I do remember someone asking about it and them mentioned that things are toned down for the sake of presentation. Like a lot of these public events have children at them and it is hard to avoid them seeing things in many cases.

Yeah. They won't show any drug use or nudity either. If it happens to be in a scene it will either be blurred, removed, or just not shown. 

  • Like 1
Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...