Jump to content

Illegal Street Gear?


Recommended Posts

Do you think that the body modding we will be doing within the game will be entirely illegal?

I ask because I noticed that there are a lot of darker takes on it when it is shown in the footage they have allowed to be released. One shows a woman with her whole lower jaw gone and getting work done in a dirty garage. 

Link to post

Like Bomberman said, we are going to be criminals for the most part going against other criminals. When we do get body mods done, a lot of it will likely be in illegal garages where imports and illegal tech gear is used and implanted in people. 

Link to post

It is mentioned that you can do anything to you body you are willing to handle. So It is kind of like a risk with pain. I would imagine these body modifications come at a cost for a lot of people so you need to know the best guys on the street to work on you.

Link to post

I bet there will be an underground market for this stuff too. Like many you need to do side missions to get parts from rival gangs in order to do new body modification on yourself. This is one of the aspects of the game I am most looking forward to actually. 

Link to post

If I had to guess, I would say yes but it seems like it is mainstream enough to where it would be no different than going to a doctor. You can get the best work done if you have the money but if you don't, you turn to the streets to get things done.

  • Like 1
Link to post
On 10/16/2020 at 8:14 PM, Cripto said:

If I had to guess, I would say yes but it seems like it is mainstream enough to where it would be no different than going to a doctor. You can get the best work done if you have the money but if you don't, you turn to the streets to get things done.

This is something I was going to point out. There are advertisements that show how the tech world has become a clear part of "plastic surgery". Plenty of people have fake jaws, teeth, hair, eyes, and even limbs. 

Link to post

There will be a mix, likely. We can probably access legit work and street work. One being safer and more expensive and the other being underground and with a risk. I don't think there will be a risk to us, playing as V, because that would just be inconvenient. They likely also offer things that legit places don't.

Link to post
On 10/16/2020 at 7:55 PM, FearBoz said:

I bet there will be an underground market for this stuff too. Like many you need to do side missions to get parts from rival gangs in order to do new body modification on yourself. This is one of the aspects of the game I am most looking forward to actually. 

I was thinking the same. You might have to go through a set of missions just to get parts and then pay for the work. It will be like car mods but on your body. Should be interesting stuff. 

Link to post
On 10/12/2020 at 9:16 PM, GridLock said:

Do you think that the body modding we will be doing within the game will be entirely illegal?

No, I don't think it will all be illegal. I am sure there are cases where you can get work done at a legit place people go to. Unless all tech outside of this area of the country has banned it, I don't see how all of it would be illegal. 

Link to post
On 10/19/2020 at 7:30 PM, Beanbag said:

No, I don't think it will all be illegal. I am sure there are cases where you can get work done at a legit place people go to. Unless all tech outside of this area of the country has banned it, I don't see how all of it would be illegal. 

This is like 57 years into the future. While I don't think tech will be this heavily involved in the human body, for this game, it will be so most certainly, there are businesses that a legit and doing legal things.

Link to post

A few things... I didn't consider the ads. You guys are probably right that there are some body mods that are legal considering they make things on purpose for those who have them. Also, I didn't consider it being a thing only for this area. I forgot they have separated themselves from the new USA.

Link to post
8 minutes ago, GridLock said:

A few things... I didn't consider the ads. You guys are probably right that there are some body mods that are legal considering they make things on purpose for those who have them. Also, I didn't consider it being a thing only for this area. I forgot they have separated themselves from the new USA.

Yeah the ads showcase this concept. Tech is very much a part of everyone's life in the physical sense. I would guess that most people have some kind of modification, even if it is a simple microchip for identity purposes. 

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...