They mentioned the homeless population is up 300%

I don't know if anyone watched the teaser video on Steam but a lot of interesting things were mentioned. One of them being that the homeless population is up 300%. Now I am wondering if this will be shown in the game to the full extent and detail. Going up 300% is a huge number. Will we see a lot of homeless NPCs?

I think in the outskirts of the city, we will. I can bet most of the people living in these areas will be homeless and in a bad way. All the money and such will be kept within the city and the homeless will be pushed out because it looks bad to have homeless where you want money to stay.

13 hours ago, Bomberman86 said:

They show people digging in the trash and out in the bad lands, you can see people just roaming so I am sure it will reflect this in the game to a certain degree. 

Yeah I saw this too. It is nuts to think of something like this being up 300%. Like imagine if California's major cities were up 300%. It is already bad there as it is. My brother lives there and is moving to another state. He can't take the state of it. There is legit garbage and human feces on sidewalks all over the place. I am thinking they might show a lot of this in the game to make it feel real. Just really run down areas that are completely neglected. 

I am sure there will be points in the game where you get attacked by them. Maybe some of them are druggies and try to rob you, stuff like that. It is going to be apparent that there were nothing but criminals and homeless people everywhere. 

They clearly want this city and the outskirts of the city to be complex and real to the social issues happening in the timeline. So I expect there to be a number of homeless people around. 

On 10/14/2020 at 4:39 PM, Tanykome said:

I am sure there will be points in the game where you get attacked by them. Maybe some of them are druggies and try to rob you, stuff like that. It is going to be apparent that there were nothing but criminals and homeless people everywhere. 

BUM FIGHTS! I am hoping that is a thing. You are just walking down the street at night and a few homeless people just start fighting over something. I have seen it so many times when I lived in the city. It is funny but so sad. 

• Haha 1
On 10/16/2020 at 8:23 PM, Hantaro said:

BUM FIGHTS! I am hoping that is a thing.

I am guessing there will be some level of this. Not sure if it will happen often but I would guess you will see not only homeless people fighting but other people too. 

They will have a nice mix of every day folks, poor folks, people in gangs, and rich folks from the look of it. Like there will be the least rich people and likely the most average joes in the city but a lot of homeless when you leave the intercity. 

10 minutes ago, spaceb0und said:

I know the remarks were made but I think that was more a less to give you an idea of how badly the area is doing. I believe it is meant to be a section of Cali and a few surrounding states. 

This makes sense. I don't think we should be expecting to see large areas of homeless people all over the place. They likely just wanted you to get an idea of the economic state of the world in 2077.

• Like 1

If they really displayed the full issue of this problem, there would be way too many NPC characters in the game and it would get bogged down. I am guessing when you compare regular folks to poor/homeless ones, we will see a contrasted split of 70% to 30%.

On 10/21/2020 at 8:42 PM, StarrShooter said:

If they really displayed the full issue of this problem, there would be way too many NPC characters in the game and it would get bogged down. I am guessing when you compare regular folks to poor/homeless ones, we will see a contrasted split of 70% to 30%.

This makes sense. Of all the NPCs in the world, you expect at least 30% of be represented as poor or homeless to showcase the city. In reality, this is the case for a lot of cities in America and around the world anyways.