Why are some fans giving off the impression that this game will change the world?

I mean, it is just a video game. I am sure it will be an amazing video game but to act like something like this can impact people in a way to change how we go about our day to day lives is a bit much. I see this more on social media and places like Reddit vs this place and other forums. Still though, what gives?

I think people are just super hyped about it. It can very well change individual lives, especially for younger fans but yeah, it is just a game. I think that it just comes down to it being something to look forward to in an otherwise horrible year. 

I noticed this too. I really don't understand the logic or viewing this as such a thing. I mean it can change things for gaming, sure but the real world? Not a chance. 

22 minutes ago, spaceb0und said:

I think people are just super hyped about it. It can very well change individual lives, especially for younger fans but yeah, it is just a game. I think that it just comes down to it being something to look forward to in an otherwise horrible year. 

This.

People are just excited. Don't worry about it. Like if they want to feel this way about the game, let them. I think it is great that a game like this can bring people together in general and take people's minds of the virus and politics for awhile. 

On 10/9/2020 at 6:15 PM, Revanesolm said:

It's all about the hype! Nothing wrong with it per se, but I hope people don't go in with to high of expectations that when they finally play it are let down. 

I think some people will be let down, even if the game is good. I don't try to put a scale on things like this. I know I will enjoy it but I don't let it be the one thing I am looking forward to for the entire year. That puts too much pressure on it to fill my expectations to a "t" without allowing room for the game to have flaws in my mindset. 

People want something to be excited for. They want to feel like this is going to impact their life for the better. I mean the creators want it to really inspire us in the real world too so let people just enjoy the excitement. 

14 hours ago, Bomberman86 said:

Why do people act like this for the next new song, movie, or TV series to come out? People just like to think of entertainment as more than wasting time. At least that is my opinion on it.

I think you are right. It is more common with younger people, teens and people in their 20's. I am in my 30's and don't really see or hear of that kind of mindset with these things anymore.