Jump to content

This game is going to be dark?


Recommended Posts

So I completely forgot about this. Mike Pondsmith said that this game serves as a warning, not an aspiration. In other words, we should not be excited for this kind of future, we should be terrified of it. I am wondering what levels of politics, social issues, and so on will be a part of the game and how dark it will get. Do you guys think there will be a lot of shock value here and the world will showcase how dark humanity can get?

Link to post

I feel like he meant this on the terms of letting technology control too many aspects of our lives and how a separation from law can result in gang run cities and people living in fear.

Link to post

I didn't give this much thought. I remember hearing him say this. Wasn't it from a video on their YouTube channel? 

I don't know if he means it on a technology standpoint or a political/social one but it seems like this is not the kind of world we should be desiring for ourselves in the future. 

Link to post
22 hours ago, Hantaro said:

I didn't give this much thought. I remember hearing him say this. Wasn't it from a video on their YouTube channel? 

I don't know if he means it on a technology standpoint or a political/social one but it seems like this is not the kind of world we should be desiring for ourselves in the future. 

I believe he mentioned it in that video someone posted in a thread. Either way, it seems like it comes off as a warning how we are handling and functioning in the present time could eventually lead to this mess. 

  • Like 1
Link to post

Oh yes. It will be dark as hell. I think it is going to highlight a lot of our current flaws in humanity but in a futuristic setting. I expect there to be genuine WTF moments in the game as well.  

Link to post

I can't wait to see how dark it is, actually. I mean given the way they already spoke on it, it is meant to be like this dystopian future where humanity just lets all their desires, their anger, and their fears run the world. At least in this area of it anyways.

Link to post
On 10/7/2020 at 3:27 PM, FearBoz said:

I feel like he meant this on the terms of letting technology control too many aspects of our lives and how a separation from law can result in gang run cities and people living in fear.

That is the impression I got. Could be wrong, who knows. I just think the dark aspect of the game is apparent. How dark it will be, no one really knows. I expect a lot of degeneracy though. 

Link to post
On 10/9/2020 at 4:25 PM, Kip said:

That is the impression I got. Could be wrong, who knows. I just think the dark aspect of the game is apparent. How dark it will be, no one really knows. I expect a lot of degeneracy though. 

Oh for sure. The whole selling point of the game is being able to do what you want and so long as you are a good criminal, you never pay the cost of your bad choices.

Link to post
On 10/8/2020 at 2:19 PM, Twizted said:

I believe he mentioned it in that video someone posted in a thread. Either way, it seems like it comes off as a warning how we are handling and functioning in the present time could eventually lead to this mess. 

Yeah, you are a right. I ended up finding it in another thread and watched the video. I did see if but completely glossed over this. I think you are right on the money with it.

  • Like 1
Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...