Is there an official timeframe for play time?

I know we had some speculations but I am wondering if it was actually announced. I backed off on Twitter a month or so ago so I haven't been keeping up with the latest news on there and I know they announce a lot of things via social media.

It was said a few weeks back that it would be about the length of the Witcher 3, slightly less than. So I expect the story to take anywhere from 35 to 45 minutes to complete but this does not include side missions or anything else.

To give you an idea, the gameplay time for the Witcher 3 was:

Main Story : 51 Hours

Main + Extras : 102 Hours

100% Completion :172 Hours

All Styles : 101 Hours

So it will likely be around 90 hours for most people to complete the game unless you skip everything in which case it will likely be around 45-50 hours.

11 minutes ago, Jaysun said:

To give you an idea, the gameplay time for the Witcher 3 was:

Main Story : 51 Hours

Main + Extras : 102 Hours

100% Completion :172 Hours

All Styles : 101 Hours

So it will likely be around 90 hours for most people to complete the game unless you skip everything in which case it will likely be around 45-50 hours.

The all styles is the average? I guess 90 hours seems logical and reasonable for people taking their time and trying to complete most of the game.

I am fine with it being anything over 50 hours. I have played so many games that were 30 or less and it just feels like the time goes too fast and I end up completing the game in only a few days. I want to be able to enjoy this one and have it last me at least a month before I complete it for the first time.

They didn't officially give a time, at least not that I am aware of. I don't think they do until after the game is released for most titles. They did say it is slightly shorter than Witcher 3, so that is factual. But yeah, that is all we know.

On 10/6/2020 at 4:12 PM, Bomberman86 said:

The all styles is the average? I guess 90 hours seems logical and reasonable for people taking their time and trying to complete most of the game.

From my understanding, yes. The average over all. Like whether a person plays slow, casually, or tries to speed run it and play as fast as they can. The average is what was mentioned from different play styles. 

On 10/12/2020 at 9:18 PM, Jaysun said:

From my understanding, yes. The average over all. Like whether a person plays slow, casually, or tries to speed run it and play as fast as they can. The average is what was mentioned from different play styles. 

Okay, that is what I thought. I never heard it phrased that way. 

It seems like generally, this is likely more about general players. Not people looking to speed run the game. That is a whole different game. lol