My friend has a theory...

What if the entire story and concept, how we play throughout the game is just a simulation in V's head and at the end of it, you come out of it. Like some Matrix level stuff. I thought it was an interesting take that no one else mentioned. I don't know if they would do that but it would be interesting.

4 hours ago, Revanesolm said:

Oh man, that would be highly disappointing. It's the equivalent of a soap opera where someone wakes up and half the season was all a dream. That would be frustrating on multiple levels.  

Gotta agree with this. I hate stories and movies that do this. It just feels like you are wasting people's time and in a video game where I intend on investing hours into it, I would be pretty darn mad about it.

I don't know how I would feel about this. If it was written right, it could work but considering this is a video game, I can imagine people loving this concept. If they planned on releasing another game in the near future maybe but we know this is not the case so it just not would be worth it. This is something I think might be good for a DLC story but not as the main story of the game.

If... very big IF they decided to go this route, I think it would ruin the game for a lot of people. I just can't see them doing something like this. It is a futuristic title, there is no reason to fake a fantasy within a world like this.

No, no, no, noooooooo!

I hate this concept and I feel like when games, movies, or TV series do it is a cheap cop out for not knowing how to end a story. It would be a BS conclusion and I would hate it.

I wouldn't hate this but I am not sure I would like the game as much with this kind of ending. I really wouldn't know until I played the game and reached the ending.

Tell your friend that people have enough bad ideas with video games, they don't need more of them! lol

Seriously though, I would not be happy about this kind of ending. I would likely walk away from the game for good.

I am all for fan theories but this is a very unlikely ending. Given that the message of the game is one of doom and regret, criminal activity, and a lack of boundaries when it comes to civilization, it would be hard to just 180 on that to V was just in a simulated world. 

22 hours ago, Helixblood said:

I am all for fan theories but this is a very unlikely ending. Given that the message of the game is one of doom and regret, criminal activity, and a lack of boundaries when it comes to civilization, it would be hard to just 180 on that to V was just in a simulated world. 

Yeah I have to agree with this. Not very likely at all which is a good thing. Something like this would end up causing a lot of hate for the game, no matter how good it looked or how well it played. The ending would just stick with people and leave a bad taste in their mouths. 

• Like 1

When this kind of story is done right, it is amazing but given the story of the game and how we are going to play through a world like this, it would make little to no sense to implement this kind of ending. It makes more sense for a movie as well rather than a video game.

Someone I know mentioned something similar. I think the concept of something like this is great but considering this story is not only 50+ years in the future but saturated with tech that is real in their world, it has to purpose or fit to serve in the story. I am not against these kinds of plot twists at all but it just wouldn't work in a game like this.

On 10/8/2020 at 2:17 PM, Twizted said:

Yeah I have to agree with this. Not very likely at all which is a good thing. Something like this would end up causing a lot of hate for the game, no matter how good it looked or how well it played. The ending would just stick with people and leave a bad taste in their mouths. 

I know for a fact that I would be one of those people. I have loved games and hated the ending so much that a game (even a movie) would go from a 9/10 down to a 2/10.

• Like 1
On 10/18/2020 at 12:37 AM, Helixblood said:

I know for a fact that I would be one of those people. I have loved games and hated the ending so much that a game (even a movie) would go from a 9/10 down to a 2/10.

I can't say it has happened in a video game for me but I know it has in TV shows and movies. Game of Thrones is one of the more recent examples of how an ending can ruin everything and make an entire story meaningless.