Do you think choosing the corpo path will change how characters treat you?

I remember reading that Johnny hates corpos and since he is in V's head no matter the path, I am wondering if he will act a bit differently if you choose this path vs others. Same goes for other characters, I can't imagine a lot of street thugs being a fan of this path either.

That is actually an interesting question I have not considered. I mean the corpo path seems to be like the path of corrupted buisness tycoons so it is easy to see why people hate them but I didn't know about Silverhand hating them. Where did you read/hear that?

I think each path will alter the way certain characters interact with you. I think the core dialog will be the same but there will be slight changes here and there that will be noticeable.

• Like 2
22 hours ago, KyleZ said:

I think each path will alter the way certain characters interact with you. I think the core dialog will be the same but there will be slight changes here and there that will be noticeable.

This is my thought on it. Like there will be noticeable differences for each path but they won't pull too far away from the story and the narrative. You'll only notice the differences after playing all three I think.

• Like 1

It seems like anyone against "the man" like criminals, people who live in poverty, and so on would HATE the corpo types so I think that it will impact how people in the city view you for sure.

5 hours ago, Beanbag said:

It seems like anyone against "the man" like criminals, people who live in poverty, and so on would HATE the corpo types so I think that it will impact how people in the city view you for sure.

Not just people involved in crime or poverty, a lot of people from all walks of life can't stand the typical business man because they know they stem from wealth and corruption.

• Like 1

From what I have heard or at least understood of what was said, each path will come with different reactions from different gangs, groups, and people. So I would expect the Corpo group to have it harder in the trust department for a lot of the street groups.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Kip said:

From what I have heard or at least understood of what was said, each path will come with different reactions from different gangs, groups, and people. So I would expect the Corpo group to have it harder in the trust department for a lot of the street groups.

This is what I was gathering from what I watched, heard, and read. I mean it makes sense this way given that the paths themselves change things within the game. They aren't meant to be the same.

I was going to say the same others have where it likely comes down to who you are talking to. Like one life path might be cool with one group or gang and the other life path, they may utterly hate. I am wondering though if this means you have to work more or less depending on which path you are on in retrospect to what gang you are trying to work with.

On 10/4/2020 at 9:40 PM, spaceb0und said:

Not just people involved in crime or poverty, a lot of people from all walks of life can't stand the typical business man because they know they stem from wealth and corruption.

Really a shame though, that mindset. Cause not all business men and women are corrupt. Just because some are, doesn't mean they all are. That is getting too political though. Don't want to take this off topic. 

• Like 1

No matter what path you choose, NPCs and main characters will be different. Not entirely. But you will notice how you are treated different. They mentioned this awhile ago. That and your actions will impact how the world treats you.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Each path is said to have differences. Differences in how V interacts with people, how people interact with V, and some other hidden surprises. I am guessing they want us to play through each story for a complete picture. 

Look at it this way, if we were meant to be treated the same way there would not be 3 options and there certainly wouldn't be unique background stories you build up prior to starting the game.