Can you play as a straight human, no cybernetics?

Just curious to know if this is an option because I have not been able to find any clear details about it. Like if I chose to not have any kind of cyber gear or anything of the sort, will this be optional in the game or are you tied down to being some sort of cybernetic humanoid?

9 minutes ago, Bomberman86 said:

I believe the eye implant will be part of the story and you don't have an option to not use it. Same for the weapon grip. Outside of those two things, I believe you get to choose everything else.

Yes but you forgot something. The Zetatech Neural Processor is also mandatory as that plays a role in the gameplay and story too.  So I think outside of these three things, everything else is optional.

• Like 1

I had no idea that some items were going to be forced on us but it makes sense. Really though, I didn't even think of asking the question the OP did because of the genre of the game. It seems implied.

I was going to come in here and make the "well, you can play as a gay human too" joke but now I realize what you meant after reading this. lol

But yeah, what Bomber and Elf said are correct.

• Haha 1
On 9/30/2020 at 4:37 PM, ElfWarrior said:

Yes but you forgot something. The Zetatech Neural Processor is also mandatory as that plays a role in the gameplay and story too.  So I think outside of these three things, everything else is optional.

This I was not aware of. I knew about the two other things. What does this do?

Either way, I am sure it has to do with tying into the story in a big way.

I like that you can play with weapons and perks, things of that sort that are not tech oriented but given the title and the genre it would make sense not to play this way. At least imo anyway.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Hantaro said:

I like that you can play with weapons and perks, things of that sort that are not tech oriented but given the title and the genre it would make sense not to play this way. At least imo anyway.

I was thinking the same and was going to ask why someone would want to play the game this way.

I mean I guess in some regards, it can make the game harder and you can feel more connected to V because he is more human than robot.

I just assumed you were playing as a person of the times so technology related implants was going to be a part of V's character framing. This seems to be the case but they also allow you to play with weapons that are more current to our own times so that is cool.

On 9/30/2020 at 4:37 PM, ElfWarrior said:

Yeah, you are right. I completely forgot about that. I remember reading about it too but it completely slipped my mind. So yeah, three things it is. I am almost 100% certain that is it.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, FearBoz said:

Why would you want to do that though?

Like given that you can legit mod the body of V in the game and they encourage it, why would you play by avoiding technology? 

I don't see the issue with this. I mean maybe you want to play as someone who is apposed to the tech-dominate world. Like V can be going against that "norm" of 2077 or something. 

• Like 1

Outside of the mandatory attachments, yes you can. I don't see the big deal either for people wondering why someone would play this way. The game is designed to play the way you want to play and be the kind of criminal you want to be.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/7/2020 at 3:35 PM, Neon said:

I don't see the issue with this. I mean maybe you want to play as someone who is apposed to the tech-dominate world. Like V can be going against that "norm" of 2077 or something. 

I guess. I mean for all I know this might be something I try doing. It just seems odd because you would expect most people to take full advantage of the body mods and what not in the game.

• Like 1