What difficulty will you be playing on?

Beanbag

We know that there will be at least 3 options. This being standard, easier, and harder. I don't know the greater details of each option only that it will function how Witcher 3's options function. Which difficulty will you be playing on as your first play-through?

10 minutes ago, GBlack said:

I will try it out on the hardest one from the jump. I know more people won't do this but I like the game to be challenging. I don't mind having to redo things like 10 times.

If they have more than the standard 3 like Witch 3 does though, the most difficult option might be painfully difficult. Like I am all for challenging games myself but some of them cross a line where I just can't mess with it.

On 9/25/2020 at 3:41 PM, Beanbag said:

We know that there will be at least 3 options. This being standard, easier, and harder. I don't know the greater details of each option only that it will function how Witcher 3's options function. Which difficulty will you be playing on as your first play-through?

I guess this depends. I mean I might start off with what they default you to and if it is too easy, bump it up and start over. I am not entirely sure how hard, hard will be or how easy, easy will be.

22 hours ago, FearBoz said:

If I find the standard or default to be too easy, I will bump it up but I think it will be enough for me. I don't want the game to end up being a pain to get through.

Same here. I don't think I will need to turn up the difficulty or dial it back. I do intend on playing it harder the second or third time through just for fun but I want to fully enjoy the story the first time through.

Are they going to have three options or five? I think this comes down to how many options they have. Like if there is five, I would imagine standard would be the second option with three more difficult options after that in which case, I would choose the first option beyond default.

On 9/27/2020 at 9:30 PM, Kip said:

If they have more than the standard 3 like Witch 3 does though, the most difficult option might be painfully difficult. Like I am all for challenging games myself but some of them cross a line where I just can't mess with it.

Like I said, I like a challenge. I mean if it gets to be too much I can just restart on a lower level. I will know pretty early on if I am comfortable with the difficulty or not.

I honestly tend to play on easy, because I just enjoy the story in rpg's without getting my back handed to me. I tend to play very casually with these types of games. Which is an odd thing to admit, but I've been playing games for decades now and am quite comfortable with how I play and appreciate gaming. 

• Like 1
18 hours ago, GBlack said:

Like I said, I like a challenge. I mean if it gets to be too much I can just restart on a lower level. I will know pretty early on if I am comfortable with the difficulty or not.

A friend of mine refuses to play anything on easy or normal if given the options. Maybe the game will end up being easier than I am thinking but I just don't know why anyone who play on hard right out the gate. To each their own I suppose.

I will go with either default or easy for my first time. Not sure yet. I want to really follow the story and not worry so much about the gameplay the first time through. I usually play games more difficult the second and third time through if there is an optional difficulty. For all we know, the hardest option might be locked at first.

On 10/5/2020 at 4:29 PM, Kip said:

A friend of mine refuses to play anything on easy or normal if given the options. Maybe the game will end up being easier than I am thinking but I just don't know why anyone who play on hard right out the gate. To each their own I suppose.

I have a habit of getting bored with games if they don't challenge me enough. Even if the gameplay is good and I am enjoying the story. I just been this way since I was younger. I am very competitive so I want to feel like I am accomplishing something by beating a game.

• Like 1