How is the online end going to function?

Twizted

Some people have been debating it. Some think that it might be like GTA V Online where we just free roam the city and do whatever. Others are saying no way they would do something like that and it would be more based on team A vs team B gameplay like maybe a city shootout or something. What do you guys think they will go with?

I wouldn't honestly mind if they did it like GTAO. I think it could make for a fun online experience. However, I don't think they are doing it that way. I am guessing it will be a mix of the GTA mini-games and CoD. Like we will have some team games, some singles games, and some just for fun games that all happen within the city or in the outskirts of the city.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Beanbag said:

I wouldn't honestly mind if they did it like GTAO. I think it could make for a fun online experience. However, I don't think they are doing it that way. I am guessing it will be a mix of the GTA mini-games and CoD. Like we will have some team games, some singles games, and some just for fun games that all happen within the city or in the outskirts of the city.

I was thinking something similar. Like as much as I would love an open world to play around with online, if they went that route then people would be saying that it is just a GTA V online ripoff.

On 9/26/2020 at 7:35 PM, spaceb0und said:

Have they mentioned anything about it? I mean as far as I know, they haven't even finished it yet. Online games don't take nearly as long so focusing on the main story just seems logical.

As mentioned previously, Cyberpunk 2077's multiplayer component currently under development is being treated by CD Projekt Red as its own entity. Even though the delay gives more time for the multiplayer mode/game to be developed and refined further, there's no particular reason for pessimism yet.

That is as of May of this year so we likely won't find out anything about it until 2021, likely in the second quarter.

• Like 1

Good I hope. I don't know what they intend on doing but whatever it is, I want it to be enjoyable for me so I can continue to play the game for years. I am sure they will eventually maybe another Cyberpunk game if this one is a success so I am just hoping that they get the online end right the first time.

• Like 1

I looked up stuff on this a few weeks back and could not find anything so I am assuming they won't release anything about it or on it this year. Likely want to wait until it is fully developed before they start showing it off. Most people are assuming it will launch in 2022 but I am thinking we might get it next fall.

On 9/28/2020 at 9:55 PM, StarrShooter said:

Good I hope. I don't know what they intend on doing but whatever it is, I want it to be enjoyable for me so I can continue to play the game for years. I am sure they will eventually maybe another Cyberpunk game if this one is a success so I am just hoping that they get the online end right the first time.

Honestly though if it ends up tanking completely, I won't be bothered because the main part of the game is the story and that is what I am paying for.

• Like 1
On 9/27/2020 at 9:31 PM, Kip said:

That is as of May of this year so we likely won't find out anything about it until 2021, likely in the second quarter.

Ah okay, Thanks for sharing that. I wasn't aware of any news on it which is why I was wondering if anything was said. You are probably right, we won't hear anything on it for awhile.

• Like 1
On 10/1/2020 at 9:12 PM, Tanykome said:

Honestly though if it ends up tanking completely, I won't be bothered because the main part of the game is the story and that is what I am paying for.

I feel the same but I want to be able to enjoy the game online with friends in some fashion. If they release it too soon (rush it) or they get sloppy on combating cheaters, it can quickly turn into a flop.

I don't even think they know tbh. Everything I have read and seen them mention on it implies that they are still working things out which I am fine with. I hope they take their time and really give us something fun and exciting. Been awhile since I have been excited for any online multiplayer game.