Is it worth getting one of the new consoles this year?

Hantaro

I am debating on it. The only game I would be playing on it would be Cyberpunk 2077 if that is the case. I am not sure it would be worth it. The XSS is going for only $299 out the gate and I could probably swing that, assuming I can actually find one in stores. I am just not sure it would be worth it since I will be playing the game either way and the graphics and what not won't be much different.

Just wait. Since you don't plan on getting a game, you will likely find a better price and deal next year. Plus you will actually have games to play. It is a waste to get either system this year be it the digital or standard version.

On 9/23/2020 at 8:08 PM, Hantaro said:

I am debating on it. The only game I would be playing on it would be Cyberpunk 2077 if that is the case. I am not sure it would be worth it. The XSS is going for only $299 out the gate and I could probably swing that, assuming I can actually find one in stores. I am just not sure it would be worth it since I will be playing the game either way and the graphics and what not won't be much different.

Just wait man. Like I get wanting it when it is released, it is new and you want to experience it with everyone else getting it but as it stands, there is no real reason to get a new console this year. There is not much coming out right away for Xbox either.

Well, is it worth it for you personally? I mean you said you won't be getting any games this year and will just be playing Cyberpunk on it. Like for me, that would not be enough to spend $299+ on a console. I want at least 3 games to play before I buy one.

If you can manage to get one, very big IF... I can't say it would be worth it. At least not for me. I wanted to get one of them this year but seeing how fast preorders were gone, and knowing that they are only doing a limited stock for this first release, I am not even going to bother.

I think it is if you want it to be. Don't let other people decide something like this for you. If you have the spare cash and can get one, then get one. I personally will be waiting simply because I know the stock will be low like GBlack said and I am not sitting outside of a store to get one.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, SickVic said:

I think it is if you want it to be. Don't let other people decide something like this for you. If you have the spare cash and can get one, then get one. I personally will be waiting simply because I know the stock will be low like GBlack said and I am not sitting outside of a store to get one.

I agree with this. If you want it, get it. You put the value into it no one else. I was not able to get a preorder and ended up going with a PC version for Cyberpunk anyways so I am all set. I am going to put money into my PC instead.