Is Johnny Silverhand some kind of virus?

Crabby

From what I have read into, and what has been confirmed, he is in V's mind. I am not sure if he was placed there through technology corruption i.e. a virus or he is just a subconscious character that goes everywhere with V and guides him/her.

The only thing that is clear is that he is in V's mind. Be it a virus or a memory, Johnny will make appearances throughout the story to help you. What I am most curious about is if he will pop up while you are doing certain things like getting drunk or having sex. That would be hilarious.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Cripto said:

The only thing that is clear is that he is in V's mind. Be it a virus or a memory, Johnny will make appearances throughout the story to help you. What I am most curious about is if he will pop up while you are doing certain things like getting drunk or having sex. That would be hilarious.

SAME! I think it would be perfect if your first sexual interaction with someone in the game, he just shows up in the room and you have the option to look at your sexual partner or him while he is having a conversation with you. LOL!

Edited by Hantaro
typo
  • Like 1

I have a feeling that he is going to be a memory. Like someone you relied on in the past who is now dead. I am not sure if it will work as a standalone AI within a chip in V's mind or just be hallucinations. Either way I like the concept. 

On 9/23/2020 at 8:15 PM, Neon said:

I have a feeling that he is going to be a memory. Like someone you relied on in the past who is now dead. I am not sure if it will work as a standalone AI within a chip in V's mind or just be hallucinations. Either way I like the concept. 

That is an interesting take. It could give us some background to who V is as well and how he/she grew up.

The fact that the entire character is only one you see and interact with is cool in and of itself.

• Like 1
On 9/23/2020 at 7:57 PM, Cripto said:

LOL! I didn't even think about this. I mean since he is in V's mind, it would be hilarious for him to pop up in random situations and start lecturing you.

• Like 1

I had thought this when I first looked into his character but I am not so sure now. It doesn't seem like it would make logical sense for him to be a virus that was unleashed in V's mind. It makes more sense that he is there to serve V, not to harm him/her.

On 9/25/2020 at 3:22 PM, Skellix said:

LOL! I didn't even think about this. I mean since he is in V's mind, it would be hilarious for him to pop up in random situations and start lecturing you.

That is what I was thinking exactly. Like I hope they make use of this for some funny moments. I feel like they have a good sense of humor and will but I am not going to expect anything and get disappointed.

• Like 1
On 9/25/2020 at 3:10 PM, KyleZ said:

That is an interesting take. It could give us some background to who V is as well and how he/she grew up.

The fact that the entire character is only one you see and interact with is cool in and of itself.

Yeah and they can make it pretty deep. I am just curious to see where they go with it. I mean since the whole introduction of the character when people lost their minds, I have been wondering what his deal was in the story.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Helixblood said:

Silverhand may very well just be a programmed AI that is meant to serve as a guide and certain people will have them installed, he just happens to be V's.

So you think that other people have these AI systems built in and he is nothing more than a program? I mean if that is the case, you would have to assume that the software is either completely custom to V's memory or other people are running around with Johnny systems too.

Regardless if he is real or not, he was real and alive at some point. For all we know, he is in the chip in V's mind and communicating from a remote location. I don't know the extent of the lore with the character but I feel like he isn't just some program.

20 hours ago, Revanesolm said:

I always thought it was the real Johnny Silverhand. He either uploaded his mind onto that chip that you stole or he somehow downloaded himself into the players mind. 

That is the impression I got from it as well. I mean he seems too real to just be an AI. That and the dude legit as a bionic arm. Why would an AI have something like that?

I think he is a real person who is communicated with V through a chip. Kind of like being in a skype call but in the future. So you can talk to someone and interact with them but you can't physically touch them because you are essentially a brain hologram.