Will the NPCs of the world have lives?

GridLock

By this I mean, will they actually be doing something day to day instead of just aimlessly walking around like in other games. I am wondering about this because from some of the gameplay I have seen, it appears that some of them did have like actions they did and schedules they stuck to like they were part of the real world.

On the surface, they will appear to have more going on but if you start to pay more attention to them, you will notice that it is on repeat and nothing too special but just passing by and not focusing in on them, you will get the sense of being in a much realer world vs other games.

21 hours ago, Jaysun said:

On the surface, they will appear to have more going on but if you start to pay more attention to them, you will notice that it is on repeat and nothing too special but just passing by and not focusing in on them, you will get the sense of being in a much realer world vs other games.

That is an interesting way of doing it. I haven't heard about this myself but I guess this is a good way of making it appear more real without putting in so many details. They don't want the game to be too big for consoles after all.

• Like 1

I'd be happy if this was a thing entirely. Like if they can legit make each life as complex as possible but I know we just aren't there with gaming yet so this sounds good enough to me. Just having a bit if variation in what people are doing will add a nice bit if realism to the game.

I think the general concept is they will appear more "real" and less "NPC" while playing unless you focus on them for long periods of time and I think this is the best way to go about it. You will be able to feel like you are a part of a real world.

19 hours ago, Tanykome said:

I read that they will have tasks and such to do but it will be on repeat according to the time of day in the game. I don't think it will be on a full 24 hour cycle though, maybe a 12 hour one.

What would 12 hours of game time look like though? I don't think I read anything on how long irl minutes an entire day is in the game.

On 9/23/2020 at 8:12 PM, Neon said:

What would 12 hours of game time look like though? I don't think I read anything on how long irl minutes an entire day is in the game.

I haven't been able to find anything on it. Some people are speculating that a full day is 20 minutes long. So 12 hours would be 10 minutes. Not sure though.

• Like 2
On 9/25/2020 at 3:44 PM, Beanbag said:

I haven't been able to find anything on it. Some people are speculating that a full day is 20 minutes long. So 12 hours would be 10 minutes. Not sure though.

I think GTA is 48 minutes which puts it at 24 minutes being 12 hours. I would guess this format is more likely than an uneven 10 minutes to 12 hours.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Neon said:

I think GTA is 48 minutes which puts it at 24 minutes being 12 hours. I would guess this format is more likely than an uneven 10 minutes to 12 hours.

I did look that up and you seem to be right. So yeah, they will likely follow the same format which makes more sense than what I was thinking. My math was off haha