New to Cyberpunk

Kip

So I don't have any context for the store, the characters, or the lore of the game. This will be my first experience when I get the game this fall. Is there a good place to read up on the story and the general universe this game is taking place in so I can have a better understanding of everything when I play the game?

On 7/29/2020 at 5:23 PM, Kip said:

So I don't have any context for the store, the characters, or the lore of the game. This will be my first experience when I get the game this fall. Is there a good place to read up on the story and the general universe this game is taking place in so I can have a better understanding of everything when I play the game?

The store? If there was a legit Cyberpunk store I would be in heaven. LOL I know you meant the story though. You don't need to know much to enjoy it. Just read up about the game and find interesting points and go from there. Some parts are pulled from Cyberpunk lore and other parts are new concepts. 

• Haha 1

If you really want to invest in the lore and don't want to waste time outside of the story that doesn't tie in with the game, just get the book for it. It covers everything you will want to know about the story, the gangs, the paths, and the characters. 

https://www.amazon.com/World-Cyberpunk-2077-Marcin-Batylda/dp/1506713580

It is out of stock on Amazon right now but you can probably find it elsewhere online. 

• Like 1
On 8/6/2020 at 8:57 PM, MarcKoi said:

If you really want to invest in the lore and don't want to waste time outside of the story that doesn't tie in with the game, just get the book for it. It covers everything you will want to know about the story, the gangs, the paths, and the characters. 

https://www.amazon.com/World-Cyberpunk-2077-Marcin-Batylda/dp/1506713580

It is out of stock on Amazon right now but you can probably find it elsewhere online. 

Someone actually just recommended that to me last night when I was in a game with them. I am going to try to see if I can get my hands on it. 

Thanks for all your info guys.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/8/2020 at 9:34 PM, Kip said:

Someone actually just recommended that to me last night when I was in a game with them. I am going to try to see if I can get my hands on it. 

Thanks for all your info guys.

It is still out of stock in a lot of places but you could still order it and wait for it to be back in stock. We have plenty of time still before the game comes out.

• Like 1
On 8/17/2020 at 7:49 PM, MarcKoi said:

It is still out of stock in a lot of places but you could still order it and wait for it to be back in stock. We have plenty of time still before the game comes out.

I think I can only do this on Amazon. I might still have Prime which I believe means I will get it a day or 2 after it is back in stock. I might just order it. I mean I have a little extra cash. 

• Like 1