Anyone preorder a PS5 to play the game on?

GBlack

A friend of mine managed to get a preorder in. I don't know how because everyone else I know who tried just weren't fast enough to get either the budget or digital version. I think the Xbox Series X and S are set to be open for preorder next week as well. Did anyone manage to get the PS5 preordered specifically to play Cyberpunk 2077 on?

I actually forgot about it going on preorder sale until my friend called me and was shouting about it. He had it in the cart at Best Buy I think it was and as he went to check out and finalize the order, he got an error and it didn't go through. The consoles were literally up for like 2 minutes max. Insane!

I am personally waiting. I can play on the PS4. I have no issue with it.

I won't be getting either of them this year. I will wait for next year, possibly even 2022. I am in no rush. I think it is silly to get it the first year anyways. Prices are always jacked up, no sales or deals happen, and people are fighting over them.

On 9/20/2020 at 12:23 AM, GridLock said:

Wait, when does the Xbox go on preorder? I was debating on it. I mean I have some extra cash now and might not for next year and who knows, it might be a struggle for find either console next year.

Found this on an article:

Preorders for the Xbox Series X and Series S will start tomorrow, September 22 at 8 AM PT / 11 AM ET in the US and Canada. Microsoft has confirmed. Meanwhile, preorders will start at 8 AM BST in the UK, 8AM AEST in Australia, and 8AM NZST in New Zealand. Other regions in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa will see preorders go live at 9 AM CEST.

So yeah, this all starts tomorrow. If you plan on preordering, be ready for it!

• Like 1
On 9/21/2020 at 2:39 PM, ElfWarrior said:

Found this on an article:

Preorders for the Xbox Series X and Series S will start tomorrow, September 22 at 8 AM PT / 11 AM ET in the US and Canada. Microsoft has confirmed. Meanwhile, preorders will start at 8 AM BST in the UK, 8AM AEST in Australia, and 8AM NZST in New Zealand. Other regions in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa will see preorders go live at 9 AM CEST.

So yeah, this all starts tomorrow. If you plan on preordering, be ready for it!

Thanks man but I was not ready for it! I missed out on it. By the time I realized the preorders started, they were already sold out. I think  every place online was sold out within the first 10 minutes, maybe even less. Oh well.

• Like 1
On 9/28/2020 at 10:01 PM, GridLock said:

Thanks man but I was not ready for it! I missed out on it. By the time I realized the preorders started, they were already sold out. I think  every place online was sold out within the first 10 minutes, maybe even less. Oh well.

Yup I heard. I guess a lot of scalpers were using bots too so I would estimate that a good 30% of sales was eaten up by them. Such a shame too.

• Like 1

My friend managed to get a preorder for the system, I don't know how but he did so he will be getting it when it comes out. I know someone else who got an Xbox on preorder as well. So plenty of people are getting it and some will be getting it partly to play Cyberpunk on. I don't know what the differences will be, if any, because you won't be able to get a copy made for the newer systems yet.

On 10/4/2020 at 4:04 PM, MarcKoi said:

My friend managed to get a preorder for the system, I don't know how but he did so he will be getting it when it comes out. I know someone else who got an Xbox on preorder as well. So plenty of people are getting it and some will be getting it partly to play Cyberpunk on. I don't know what the differences will be, if any, because you won't be able to get a copy made for the newer systems yet.

I don't think there will be any difference. You are effectively using an "older title" on a newer system. The systems will be more than capable of running them but unlike PC games, you are tied down with a console. So until they release the game for the new consoles, we won't see graphic comparisons for console vs PC.