Do you think mods will be supported?

I guess this would be similar to how GTA V allowed mods. I am wondering if they will allow them for PC players and if so, to what extent. I would like to play around with them if this ends up being a thing. Like maybe having a mod to use a custom radio station or something.

7 minutes ago, RiotRaven said:

I am hoping they are just because I love seeing what people do with them on streams and in videos on YouTube. I don't even play GTA V but I loved watching the creations people made for the game.

Same honestly. I did play GTA V but I got bored with it after a while. I only watch people play it these days. It would be hilarious to see people really play around with this given that this game has far better character customization.

• Like 1

I would love the options for car customization and maybe more clothing customization so like I can put what I am actually wearing on V and really feel like I am in the game. Maybe some weapons mods too. 

I think this depends on how secure the game is and what kind of plans they have to ensure the game stays protected. I don't know if they would allow that level of creative freedom to anyone who bought the game simply because the amount of time and money it cost to develop.

Probably not just because they don't want people messing with what they made. I mean we will already have enough creative freedom in the game from the sound of things so I can't see them letting this be a thing.

On 9/14/2020 at 2:22 PM, Skellix said:

Same honestly. I did play GTA V but I got bored with it after a while. I only watch people play it these days. It would be hilarious to see people really play around with this given that this game has far better character customization.

Yup! While it might not be very likely, there is always the chance they allow it so I guess we will have to wait and see. I don't intend on using them at all, I just enjoy people making mods and watching them tweak games.

• Like 1

I doubt it. I wouldn't mind it but I doubt it. This is not the kind of game you would want to allow mods in because it will only give hackers and cheaters more access to rig online games when the multi-player is released.

On 9/25/2020 at 3:43 PM, Beanbag said:

I doubt it. I wouldn't mind it but I doubt it. This is not the kind of game you would want to allow mods in because it will only give hackers and cheaters more access to rig online games when the multi-player is released.

That is what I was thinking. I think that if they do allow mods, it will come down to how the online mechanics function.

• Like 1

Maybe, maybe not. I don't think they spoke on it. I am not a fan of games allowing mods when they are online games outside of games that function with mods like Gary's Mod or Minecraft.

On 10/1/2020 at 4:04 PM, Ghost said:

Maybe, maybe not. I don't think they spoke on it. I am not a fan of games allowing mods when they are online games outside of games that function with mods like Gary's Mod or Minecraft.

I am guessing this is down to the reasoning I gave. You have to worry about people using cheats and hacks which would cause issues online. I mean even if they block them online, they can still get around it if the option is there.

• Like 1

They plan on supporting mods in the future but not at launch. They mentioned this back in April or May I believe of last year. So unless things have changed since then, expect them to support mods within the first or second year of the games release, just not right away.

• Like 1
On 10/8/2020 at 2:42 PM, MarcKoi said:

They plan on supporting mods in the future but not at launch. They mentioned this back in April or May I believe of last year. So unless things have changed since then, expect them to support mods within the first or second year of the games release, just not right away.

I actually game in here to mention this. I remember seeing the thread but didn't know if it was this forum or another one. Yeah, I read this too in a few different articles that dated back to last spring/summer. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2020 at 10:31 PM, SickVic said:

I actually game in here to mention this. I remember seeing the thread but didn't know if it was this forum or another one. Yeah, I read this too in a few different articles that dated back to last spring/summer. 

Mmhmm. 

I think people glossed over it or have forgotten about it since there has been so much news and release information on the game since then. That and this year in general has been a mess for everyone. 

• Like 1

Yeah I had no idea they already mentioned wanting mods to be open and available for players sometime after release. I just assumed because of how people can be with online games, they would want to avoid allowing them for that very reason. 

I remember responding to this thread but clearly I did not. lol I was going to mentioned something about remembering that they said they would eventually allow them but it looks like MarcKoi beat me to it. I am glad they decided to allow them. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Kip said:

I remember responding to this thread but clearly I did not. lol I was going to mentioned something about remembering that they said they would eventually allow them but it looks like MarcKoi beat me to it. I am glad they decided to allow them. 

Might have been on a different forum or something? Either way, knowing they will eventually allow it is an extra treat for PC gamers to say the least. 

• Like 1