Jet packs?

Hantaro

I know that the game at one point had wall running but it was removed. I am wondering if since this was removed, if they are going to have any kind of jet packs in the game or something similar to that. It just seems like something that would be a thing in 2077.

I doubt it. I mean, you never know they might allow them in certain areas but I think they want players to remain grounded. There will be parts where you climb up buildings and what not but I doubt we will be able to freely use jet packs.

7 minutes ago, Neon said:

I doubt it. I mean, you never know they might allow them in certain areas but I think they want players to remain grounded. There will be parts where you climb up buildings and what not but I doubt we will be able to freely use jet packs.

That is what I was thinking. I don't see them doing this simply because they want the player to be within the city's veins. I am sure we will have areas where we can look down on it all but jet packs don't seem like a logical way of allowing players to do this.

2 minutes ago, RiotRaven said:

I am going to guess not but who knows. They might not have them be a part of the initial release and have them come out at a later time through DLC. That I can totally see happening.

I was going to say the same thing. Especially when it comes to multi-player. They might have specific games that allow it. We might not see it for awhile but I think it is far more likely we will see jet packs in DLC vs the base game.

• Like 1

I really can't say without having seen all the travelling aspects of the game. I think because they put so much into cars and what not, they probably won't have any kind of flying options in the game outside of maybe story-based flight where you aren't in control of anything but rather just being flown somewhere.

On 9/16/2020 at 4:50 PM, spaceb0und said:

I really can't say without having seen all the travelling aspects of the game. I think because they put so much into cars and what not, they probably won't have any kind of flying options in the game outside of maybe story-based flight where you aren't in control of anything but rather just being flown somewhere.

I am sure there will be flying cars and whatnot but I am not sure to what extent or if we will be able to use them. They will likely only be hovering type vehicles as well that can only go so high.

• Like 1
On 9/23/2020 at 7:33 PM, FearBoz said:

I think they would be great just for seeing everything in the world from a different perspective. I am not sure if they will have these in the game or not. As far as I know, they won't be in the game from day one.

I was asking around and most people seem to think the same thing based on what has been said. There will be flying vehicles and hovering ones but no sign or insight on jet packs at all.

• Like 1
On 9/17/2020 at 9:51 PM, Milly said:

I am sure there will be flying cars and whatnot but I am not sure to what extent or if we will be able to use them. They will likely only be hovering type vehicles as well that can only go so high.

Yeah that is what I am thinking. Hovering makes sense. I am sure there are some kind of vehicles that can go like 20 feet up, maybe a bit higher. The first trailer of the game showed a police car doing this.

• Like 1
On 9/25/2020 at 3:14 PM, RiotRaven said:

I was asking around and most people seem to think the same thing based on what has been said. There will be flying vehicles and hovering ones but no sign or insight on jet packs at all.

That is what I kind of figured. I mean I just don't see them being useful either myself. We are going to have loads of tech gear as it is.