How will the health system work?

GridLock

I don't know if this game is going to focus on the general system a lot of other FPS games use and have regenerating health or if we will have to rely on packs and medical kits similar to Resident Evil games. Does anyone know what system they will be using for this game? Do you care either way?

On 9/8/2020 at 9:46 PM, ElfWarrior said:

I have it set to start where it shows the health being refilled. It does not do it automatically. I think anywhere where this has been shown is either part of a perk, drug, or armor.

Interesting. I actually didn't see this video before. Thanks for having it play at the right time. I ended up watching a bit after. Going to watch the whole thing while I eat my dinner. It seems they really did work the system perfectly in terms of health so that they keep it challenging but allow people who struggle to hide and such if need be.

Edited by Crabby
34 minutes ago, FearBoz said:

I am personally happy they don't do the generic regenerating health. It makes games too easy I find.

And given the amount of health you have, it would not make sense to have this be a feature.

Same. Any time a shooter, especially a FPS, has this system it ends up being too easy. I don't want the game to be impossible but I also don't to not have any bit of a challenge.

• Like 1
On 9/14/2020 at 2:08 PM, KyleZ said:

Will there be any kind of perk for regenerating health or anything like that? I am wondering that now because even though the health bar appears to be big, if you got a handful of guys shooting you, it will drop fast.

Probably. We don't know all the details yet but from my general understanding, there will be perks and speciality devices for just about everything dealing with combat.

On 9/12/2020 at 4:28 PM, Crabby said:

Interesting. I actually didn't see this video before. Thanks for having it play at the right time. I ended up watching a bit after. Going to watch the whole thing while I eat my dinner. It seems they really did work the system perfectly in terms of health so that they keep it challenging but allow people who struggle to hide and such if need be.

Yeah, they seem to allow you to determine how you want to play the game without locking you into a set difficulty. Though I am not 100% certain they won't have difficulty levels you can play in the game or not.

• Like 1
On 9/12/2020 at 4:51 PM, Hantaro said:

Same. Any time a shooter, especially a FPS, has this system it ends up being too easy. I don't want the game to be impossible but I also don't to not have any bit of a challenge.

I like it to have a middle ground. Not being too easy nor too difficult. I know some games for me in the past have been too hard in spots where I would just give up and never finish them but then other games were too easy and I'd lose interest.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, FearBoz said:

I like it to have a middle ground. Not being too easy nor too difficult. I know some games for me in the past have been too hard in spots where I would just give up and never finish them but then other games were too easy and I'd lose interest.

Yup that is what I meant. I have played some games in the past where I would get so angry and fed up, I would just quit the game and not bother with it anymore. It seems like they considered this which is great. They want people from all backgrounds in gaming being able to play it be it the casual player or daily player.

• Like 1