What do you think the bio chip does?

It was mentioned in the trailer as the premise of the story, getting the chip. You are meant to hunt it down and obtain it with your team but we don't have much information on what it does. I was thinking it might be some kind of immortality chip of sorts but I am not entirely sure. Whatever it does, it is worth getting. 

I thought the same as you. It reminds me of that one movie that had the medication that made people immortal. I can't remember the title of the film but it is a pretty interesting concept they could tie in to make the story that much more dramatic. 

• Like 1

There are only speculations and guesses as what it does or what it could be used for. I am not sure myself. I think keeping it a mystery makes it better. Clearly, it is very important that they get their hands on it. I mean other people are gunning for it as well so it has to be a very big deal. Likely worth a lot of cash too.

• Like 1

Considering it is likely worth a lot of money, I would say it enhances your body somehow. Maybe it does make you immortal. I mean it is hard to judge it yet without knowing how people function within the game. We see some of them are nearly bullet proof. 

• Like 1

It is funny because I actually found this forum searching this very question and within the same search results I saw stuff about the mark of the beast which comes from the bible. I wonder if they will tie in some kind of philosophical thing like that in with it. Like the chip itself is a working prototype that will fully control everyone once it starts up in manufacturing. 

• Like 1
On 8/4/2020 at 7:41 PM, Skellix said:

It is funny because I actually found this forum searching this very question and within the same search results I saw stuff about the mark of the beast which comes from the bible. I wonder if they will tie in some kind of philosophical thing like that in with it. Like the chip itself is a working prototype that will fully control everyone once it starts up in manufacturing. 

That kind of concept always interested me. How technology can be used to not only track people but control them. Given how tech-enriched this environment is, it would make sense something like this is out there for them. 

• Like 2
On 8/15/2020 at 8:38 PM, Helixblood said:

I was thinking it might have been some kind of virus chip. Something they can use against people to essentially take control of all the outsiders. 

Maybe they sell it to the government as well. You know how data collection happens right now in our day and age, maybe something like that but more in depth. They are able to read people and know what they will do before they do it.