Was Cyberpunk 2077 removed or?

spaceb0und

A few friends of mine noticed that the game, which had previously been listed on the site since last summer, had been removed from keymailer.co. I am wondering what this means for people who had requested a copy through the website if it is no longer on there. One of them contacted them and they have yet to respond. Anyone know the deal here?

I am going to guess they weren't actually verified to be a retailer of the game and we declined after the fact. If a gaming company want to give games to YouTubers and streamers on Twitch, they will just do it through places like Steam or through a code via e-mail. Sites like this aren't used much any more.

• Like 1

They likely were blocked from making purchases of the game. I am not sure what the point of these sites are in 2020. Like GBlack mentioned, it is easier for a company to just send a streamer a code or a gift download for a game they would like them to play.

On 9/7/2020 at 2:19 PM, SickVic said:

I don't get sites like this either.

They were probably blocked by the publisher so they had to remove the game. I know some sites like this were in hot water because of GTA V.

Was going to say the same thing. Gaming companies don't trust these sites at all. They don't care if they are buying the games legit. Too many of them were doing shady stuff behind the scenes. I wouldn't do marketing with them either.

• Like 1
On 9/4/2020 at 7:52 PM, spaceb0und said:

A few friends of mine noticed that the game, which had previously been listed on the site since last summer, had been removed from keymailer.co. I am wondering what this means for people who had requested a copy through the website if it is no longer on there. One of them contacted them and they have yet to respond. Anyone know the deal here?

I would assume it was removed and likely by the request of the developers because they don't want to do business which companies who buy the game to give it away or resell it in any fashion.

• Like 1

I saw someone mention this on another side and they said that the site likely was going to face legal action if they didn't remove it. It seems like for a lot of game developers and companies, they don't want their product being redistributed like this.

• Like 1
On 9/9/2020 at 10:01 PM, CyberDemon said:

Was going to say the same thing. Gaming companies don't trust these sites at all. They don't care if they are buying the games legit. Too many of them were doing shady stuff behind the scenes. I wouldn't do marketing with them either.

I remember hearing about some lotto site back in like 2014 getting in a lot of trouble. It had to do with GTA V. I think they were buying and giving out copies for people who join a mailing list and all this other BS. Turns out they were selling their private information. I don't trust anything that is given away for free.

• Like 1
On 9/19/2020 at 8:53 PM, SickVic said:

I remember hearing about some lotto site back in like 2014 getting in a lot of trouble. It had to do with GTA V. I think they were buying and giving out copies for people who join a mailing list and all this other BS. Turns out they were selling their private information. I don't trust anything that is given away for free.

That sounds familiar to me too. I just don't remember all the details. Either way, I think it is smart to avoid things like this. People can be pocketing money off other people's hard work through these things.

• Like 1