Do you think any basis of religion will be in the game?

MarcKoi

Since the game takes place in the far future but not so far we can't think on or predict things like this, what do you guys think?

Do you think this world will have any kind of religion in it or will it be filled with only people who believe in no such higher powers or even view themselves as gods?

Are you asking because of the devs being in Poland or?

I think because of the time frame the game takes place, we might see some like cult-like religions and maybe some references of the catholic church but it will be very minimal and minor.

It would be interesting to see if any kind of religion exists in 2077 but I feel like where we will be in the world, it is unlikely to see any people who have faith in much of anything outside of money, sex, and drugs.

19 hours ago, GBlack said:

Are you asking because of the devs being in Poland or?

I think because of the time frame the game takes place, we might see some like cult-like religions and maybe some references of the catholic church but it will be very minimal and minor.

This is what I was thinking. There will likely be some sort of cult like systems but it won't be the kinds of religions we are used to seeing and hearing about. It will be some dark, underground type stuff.

I would be interested in this just because religion always stayed consistent over time up until the tech boom. Things changed since then and seeing how advanced people are in 2077, it makes me wonder what things like religion will become.

• Like 1

Doubtful. I think for most gamers, religion is a turn-off unless it is cult related like mentioned.

I can go either way with it personally. I think if it has a purpose for a character or the story, it is fine by me but most modern religions won't really fit into this kind of genre.

• Like 1
On 9/9/2020 at 10:00 PM, CyberDemon said:

Doubtful. I think for most gamers, religion is a turn-off unless it is cult related like mentioned.

I can go either way with it personally. I think if it has a purpose for a character or the story, it is fine by me but most modern religions won't really fit into this kind of genre.

This is how I feel about it. I am not religious and was not raised in a religious household so I really don't care to see this kind of stuff in video games or movies unless it is for some kind of cult or horror factor.

On 9/9/2020 at 10:00 PM, CyberDemon said:

That is another good point. I mean who the heck wants to learn about religion or deal with it while playing a game that has nothing to do with it? It seems counter-productive.

• Like 1
On 9/17/2020 at 9:49 PM, Milly said:

That is another good point. I mean who the heck wants to learn about religion or deal with it while playing a game that has nothing to do with it? It seems counter-productive.

Exactly. I mean the whole cult aspect is appealing to a lot of people but this is more focused on the future. It just doesn't fit in here.

• Like 1