No need to upgrade?

I saw a lot of people complaining about this.

To me, $10 is nothing if you are going to be getting upgraded to better graphics. I am not sure why Xbox doesn't charge this and Sony does. Likely something to do with how their systems work.

15 hours ago, CyberDemon said:

I believe this is referring to what Sony did. They are going to be asking you to pay $70 for the game instead of $60 so you can play it on the next console. So you are paying $10 to get upgraded to better graphics and what not.

Yeah a lot of people are not very happy about that. My friend who planned on getting it on his PS4 changed his mind and will be getting it on his roommate's Xbox instead so he can get the game free for next gen. He intended on buying a PS5 but changed his mind over this.

• Like 1

First time I am finding out about this. I am not a Twitter user and forgot to check accounts like this one for news on anything. Only time I see it is when someone else mentions it online be it a forum or an article. Thanks for the heads up.

My friend mentioned this the other day and I thought he was joking. Maybe they will set a standard for other games in the future. I think it would be cool to be able to get two copies of a game if the game comes out the year prior to a new console coming out so you can keep enjoying it.

• Like 1
On 9/5/2020 at 3:48 PM, Milly said:

My friend mentioned this the other day and I thought he was joking. Maybe they will set a standard for other games in the future. I think it would be cool to be able to get two copies of a game if the game comes out the year prior to a new console coming out so you can keep enjoying it.

I think this should be a thing regardless. I am sure some people don't care to get the same game twice but it don't seem right if you already bought the game like a year or less ago on the previous console.

• Like 1
On 9/13/2020 at 8:59 PM, Helixblood said:

The only way I can see this catching on with other developers is if they have a means to get money elsewhere. For games that will not have continuously released DLC, they would end up taking a HUGE financial loss so I can understand not doing it.

But what if it is all digital. Like the only way you are getting the game is by having a copy of it in hand or on your account. What are they realistically spending any money on? It isn't like they are allowing people to go out to the store and get a free physical copy of the game.

On 9/17/2020 at 9:48 PM, Milly said:

But what if it is all digital. Like the only way you are getting the game is by having a copy of it in hand or on your account. What are they realistically spending any money on? It isn't like they are allowing people to go out to the store and get a free physical copy of the game.

That is a fair point I suppose. I was thinking of the manufacturing and actual physical releases of games but if you do it strictly digital than you are probably right.

• Like 1
On 9/25/2020 at 2:56 PM, Helixblood said:

That is a fair point I suppose. I was thinking of the manufacturing and actual physical releases of games but if you do it strictly digital than you are probably right.

I don't think it costs them much of anything which is why there is a push for gaming to go 100% digital. I am fine with this myself. I do like to collect game boxes for the art and whatnot but if they can make gaming cheaper as a result, I am all for it.