This intro feels too real!

Kip

Well it sure seems to be the case in the good old U S of A. I mean people are going mad and half the population either doesn't care or ignores it. Then you have companies ignoring the issues or "pretending" to care while they try to get us to buy more stuff. It is a wacky world and socially speaking the game doesn't seem that far off from the real world.

11 minutes ago, StarrShooter said:

That is a really solid introduction to the book and the general idea behind the game and the world in which the game takes place. It feels like it is not too far into the future for us.

I was thinking the same. It feels like it could be a real thing within 10 to 15 years with how things are going. Like we won't have all the tech in the game but we will be well on our way. Crazy times man!

• Like 1

With how everything has been going this year, if our tech was like maybe 20 more years advanced, I would say spot on. People are insane. What happened to human decency? People are hurting each other physically over one man and to me it is spineless and pathetic. 

20 minutes ago, Bomberman86 said:

With how everything has been going this year, if our tech was like maybe 20 more years advanced, I would say spot on. People are insane. What happened to human decency? People are hurting each other physically over one man and to me it is spineless and pathetic. 

I can agree to that, hurting each other over one guy seems stupid but a lot of what is going on isn't about Trump. It is about black communities being abused and neglected. People are fed up with racism and I can't blame them. I don't want to get carried away and bring this off topic though. 

I don't think the poverty we have today is a result of corporations. It is the result of people not having self-control of their finances and getting trapped on government aid. I had a friend growing up who lived on "the bad side of town". His family was only just making ends meet and they were on welfare. Even without buying beyond their needs and having the latest trends in anything, they still struggled. He ended up growing up in this and got trapped in it himself. He works part time and gets welfare. He lives in a very rundown place but because he doesn't have to work as hard, he accepts it. 

The message in general though is good and serves as a means to pull you into their reality. 

On 8/29/2020 at 5:17 PM, GridLock said:

I was thinking the same. It feels like it could be a real thing within 10 to 15 years with how things are going. Like we won't have all the tech in the game but we will be well on our way. Crazy times man!

I remember not too long ago there were talks of going to marks by 2025. I think this got pushed back though. I can't see it happening anytime soon but once it does, we can expect to see another tech boom.

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, StarrShooter said:

I remember not too long ago there were talks of going to marks by 2025. I think this got pushed back though. I can't see it happening anytime soon but once it does, we can expect to see another tech boom.

Who is Mark and why we have to wait to go to his house!? LOL I know you meant mars but now I am going to be calling it marks for awhile. But yeah, Elon was disappointed in that.

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2020 at 2:28 PM, GridLock said:

Who is Mark and why we have to wait to go to his house!? LOL I know you meant mars but now I am going to be calling it marks for awhile. But yeah, Elon was disappointed in that.

They flip-flop it so much that I don't even think they know when it will be possible. And yeah, I meant mars. lol I was on my phone, auto correct can be a real be-otch.