Jump to content

How many hours do you think it will take to complete Cyberpunk 2077?


Recommended Posts

A friend of mine and I were talking about this earlier today. He said that no way it takes longer than Witcher which is said to be an average of 50 hours for the campaign. Considering all the details and what not, I am thinking it will take at least 50 hours, if not more and this is not including side missions of course. Thoughts?

  • Like 1
Link to post

I ma guessing it will be at least 50 like you said. With all the side missions and everything to explore, easily over 80 hours. There is going to be a lot to this game and it will likely be one of the biggest games in history in terms of time it takes to complete. 

Link to post

Hmm... I was thinking about this before and I really couldn't come up with a number. I mean 50 sounds like a safe number but it could very well be much shorter if you strip away all the side-missions and do a shorter version of the main story. I am hoping for lots of hours of playtime though either way. I would be happy with 40+ for the main campaign and another 20+ for side missions. 

  • Like 1
Link to post

I am guessing at least 60. 

The reason why is because the length is has taken for them to complete it. It is going to be a long story that surely has a lot of twists and turns to it. I am glad they didn't give us too much of it from the trailer. I feel like it will be a mix of Mr. Robot and Westworld. 

Link to post
On 8/25/2020 at 8:18 PM, RiotRaven said:

Hmm... I was thinking about this before and I really couldn't come up with a number. I mean 50 sounds like a safe number but it could very well be much shorter if you strip away all the side-missions and do a shorter version of the main story. I am hoping for lots of hours of playtime though either way. I would be happy with 40+ for the main campaign and another 20+ for side missions. 

Yeah 50 seems like the safe bet. A good round number. Though this really just depends on how lengthy the cut scenes are. They can easily go MGS on us and have super long cut scenes and the game could take 100 hours to complete.

Link to post
On 8/24/2020 at 10:02 PM, Helixblood said:

A friend of mine and I were talking about this earlier today. He said that no way it takes longer than Witcher which is said to be an average of 50 hours for the campaign. Considering all the details and what not, I am thinking it will take at least 50 hours, if not more and this is not including side missions of course. Thoughts?

I think you are close enough to what I would guess. I don't think it will be shorter than Witcher 3 but I also don't think it will be much longer.

  • Like 1
Link to post
On 8/29/2020 at 5:23 PM, Jaysun said:

I think you are close enough to what I would guess. I don't think it will be shorter than Witcher 3 but I also don't think it will be much longer.

The thing that people are being convinced by it being a lot longer is down to the time it has taken for them to make the game. Don't get me wrong, I fully expect it to be a lengthy game but in my mind, anything over 40 hours is just that. 

Link to post
On 8/31/2020 at 3:22 PM, Helixblood said:

The thing that people are being convinced by it being a lot longer is down to the time it has taken for them to make the game. Don't get me wrong, I fully expect it to be a lengthy game but in my mind, anything over 40 hours is just that. 

Maybe for some people sure but you have to consider the amount of detail and maybe perfecting the story too. Like they wanted this game to have all of that and then some. I wouldn't equate that to game play time personally.

Link to post
On 9/7/2020 at 2:47 PM, Jaysun said:

Maybe for some people sure but you have to consider the amount of detail and maybe perfecting the story too. Like they wanted this game to have all of that and then some. I wouldn't equate that to game play time personally.

Perhaps. I know they likely spent a lot of time just detailing the world, weapons, and whatever else. The mechanics must have taken some time as well. Either way, I feel like because of the time spent working on the game, it is bound to be a much bigger game compared to other titles.

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...