Is there a special edition of the game?

Crabby

I see that there is a standard one and there was a collector's edition but I can't seem to find that anymore unless that will come out after the fact?? Either way, I am wondering if there is a special addition that will come with in-game bonuses or not. Anyone know?

Nope.

They stated this a number of times. There is not and will not be any kind of special edition. Just the standard and the collector's which only includes extra collectibles that have nothing to do with the game itself. 

I was hoping for something but I am fine with there just being a collector's edition. If this game ends up being as great as I'd like it to be and as amazing as people are hoping, there will probably be a game of the year edition eventually. 

On 8/23/2020 at 12:21 PM, Cripto said:

Nope.

They stated this a number of times. There is not and will not be any kind of special edition. Just the standard and the collector's which only includes extra collectibles that have nothing to do with the game itself. 

What comes in the collector's edition? I had no intention on spending extra unless it was something for the  game so I didn't even bother seeing what was included. 

On 8/25/2020 at 8:20 PM, RiotRaven said:

Take a look: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/cyberpunk-2077-pre-order-collectibles-deal-on-stan/1100-6459539/

Some places are offering different things. So it depends on where you get it and whether or not you preorder it I believe. 

I was tempted to get it but for what you get, at least imo, it is not worth it. There are far better collectibles you can buy online. Especially in Japan. 

On 8/27/2020 at 8:28 PM, MarcKoi said:

I remember there were rumors of them releasing one but I think they opted out of it before the first release date was announced. Like prior to being able to preorder the game. 

I heard nothing of the sort. It was probably just someone posting random ideas and thoughts online. So many rumors were just fan speculations and desires for the game, not based in any real evidence or anything. 

• Like 1
On 8/28/2020 at 10:54 PM, Milly said:

I heard nothing of the sort. It was probably just someone posting random ideas and thoughts online. So many rumors were just fan speculations and desires for the game, not based in any real evidence or anything. 

This is true and sadly, I have fallen for some of them. It is easy to when you are excited for a game. But yeah, I can totally see this being the case here.

• Like 1