Is your character level the same as street cred?

Kip

I am a bit confused with the leveling system in the game. I am not sure if the street cred and character level are the same thing or not. I think I am getting confused because people seem to be using them interchangeably. Are they the same thing or not?

Your level as a character is based on EXP like most other games. It is just about how much you completed and how far you are in the game as well as how physically skilled you are. Street cred is a bit different. I think this is more about how the streets view you and this is based on your interactions with other characters. 

14 minutes ago, StarrShooter said:

There are three different scales you level up and street cred is different from your overall progression level. I think Milly is right with it being more about your presence on the street. 

What is the third for? Weapon leveling? I didn't even know street cred was going to be a thing. I thought the leveling was just going to be for story progression and nothing more. 

The three are different from each other and you can read about them from the article below. Each one is explained. This is where I first read about them myself and I find it the most informational. 

• PROGRESSION: ATTRIBUTES AND CHARACTER LEVELS
  • PROGRESSION: SKILLS AND PERKS
  • STREET CRED AND CYBERWARE

Link: https://www.polygon.com/2020/6/25/21302413/cyberpunk-2077-preview-character-progression

• Like 1
On 8/21/2020 at 10:46 PM, Bomberman86 said:

The three are different from each other and you can read about them from the article below. Each one is explained. This is where I first read about them myself and I find it the most informational. 

• PROGRESSION: ATTRIBUTES AND CHARACTER LEVELS
  • PROGRESSION: SKILLS AND PERKS
  • STREET CRED AND CYBERWARE

Link: https://www.polygon.com/2020/6/25/21302413/cyberpunk-2077-preview-character-progression

Thanks for posting that. I was confused which was what and how each thing was leveled up. I like how they have certain things together too which makes sense.

• Like 1
On 8/23/2020 at 12:11 AM, Ghost said:

Thanks for posting that. I was confused which was what and how each thing was leveled up. I like how they have certain things together too which makes sense.

Yeah once you read everything together, it makes a heck of a lot more sense. I remember when I first heard about the system in the game, I had no idea what people were talking about. 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Bomberman86 said:

Yeah once you read everything together, it makes a heck of a lot more sense. I remember when I first heard about the system in the game, I had no idea what people were talking about. 

I feel like they could have better explained it in the streams. At least the ones I watched. The videos were too vague for me. Happy to see people find this information and post about it. Sure does help.

• Like 1