Jump to content

So this game is going to be heavy into role-playing?


Recommended Posts

Saw a quote in an article from Miles Tost that caught my attention.

Quote

"I think people tend to forget that Cyberpunk 2077 is an RPG first and foremost. Right? So customization and equipment choices, making choices in the skills you have, the talents, how your character looks, how you choose dialogue, it's the center stage of this experience," said Tost. I think some people look at this game and think 'Oh man, it's first-person and has guns! It's a shooter,' and that's a very surface-level assessment. I think in many ways, it's a much, much deeper role-playing experience than The Witcher 3."

I expected it to be more than just a shooter but for it to be deeper into role-playing than Witcher 3? I think I will end up loving this game more than I probably should! Good buy social life! haha

  • Like 2
Link to post

Witcher 3 is a role-playing game but not in the same sense as some other games. I guess if they are going for more of a lived in role-playing game, which I am assuming is the case, it will be easier for people to be invested in the world the game takes place in.

  • Like 1
Link to post

I played Witcher 3 exclusively for months. I was so hooked on it, no other games appealed to me. It is rare for a game to have that much control in keeping my interest. Knowing that this game is going to be even more so a role-playing style game means I will likely really enjoy it and get a long play life from it.

Link to post
On 8/19/2020 at 2:38 PM, GBlack said:

Witcher 3 is a role-playing game but not in the same sense as some other games. I guess if they are going for more of a lived in role-playing game, which I am assuming is the case, it will be easier for people to be invested in the world the game takes place in.

That is what I wanted. I wanted to be so immersed in the game that the character I am playing as feels like an extension of myself. These are the kinds of games that appeal to me when it comes to story style single player games.

  • Like 1
Link to post

It was mentioned a while ago, like years back that this game was going to be a heavily immersive role-playing game. So for me, this isn't news. I think it was mentioned way back in 2013. Hard to believe this game has been in production since 2012.

Link to post
On 8/21/2020 at 10:42 PM, Bomberman86 said:

That is what I wanted. I wanted to be so immersed in the game that the character I am playing as feels like an extension of myself. These are the kinds of games that appeal to me when it comes to story style single player games.

Very few games ever got me to that point so I will be shocked if this does but if you can get that feeling from this game and others can, even if I can't, I will be happy for you guys. It takes a lot for me to invest THAT much into a game. I guess this is from getting older? I don't know.

  • Like 1
Link to post

The heavier the better. I could use the distraction. I recently checked back in with the news to check right back out. Between the storms, the riots, and people just being batsh** crazy, I can't wait for the game to come out so I can just zone it all out again. 

Link to post
On 8/27/2020 at 9:01 PM, GBlack said:

Very few games ever got me to that point so I will be shocked if this does but if you can get that feeling from this game and others can, even if I can't, I will be happy for you guys. It takes a lot for me to invest THAT much into a game. I guess this is from getting older? I don't know.

I know this happens to a lot of people who enjoyed games growing up and in their early 20's. A friend of mine is completely burned out on games that he can't even finish one. He just watches play throughs now and then. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
On 8/30/2020 at 11:50 PM, Bomberman86 said:

I know this happens to a lot of people who enjoyed games growing up and in their early 20's. A friend of mine is completely burned out on games that he can't even finish one. He just watches play throughs now and then. 

I kind of blame online gaming for some of this. Like there are so many hackers these days it makes it hard to enjoy online gaming and then you have most devs focusing more on online gaming and letting their stories take  a back-seat.

  • Like 1
Link to post
On 9/4/2020 at 8:02 PM, GBlack said:

I kind of blame online gaming for some of this. Like there are so many hackers these days it makes it hard to enjoy online gaming and then you have most devs focusing more on online gaming and letting their stories take  a back-seat.

Yup which is why I am so glad that they chose to focus on the story for the first few years. Online may or may not be fun but I will get my money's worth in a well developed story so if it does end up being riddled with cheaters, I won't care so much.

  • Like 1
Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...