Anyone else get a refund?

I preordered the game, I can't remember when. It was shortly after it was available to do so and I went on my PS4 today and it prompted me that I was refunded because of a delay. I checked and the money was back in my bank account. Is this the case for all preorders?

I don't preorder games anymore, there isn't a point to it for me unless I really want the extras they include. I do know my buddy that preordered the game got refunded as well. I think he preordered it on Xbox One though. So they must be doing it for both systems.

Sony sent out e-mails to everyone who preordered asking if you wanted a refund because the release date changed. If you didn't respond to the e-mail they sent, they automatically did a refund. I am not sure about Xbox One. I didn't hear anything on them issuing refunds. 

• Like 1
On 7/29/2020 at 5:47 PM, Milly said:

Sony sent out e-mails to everyone who preordered asking if you wanted a refund because the release date changed. If you didn't respond to the e-mail they sent, they automatically did a refund. I am not sure about Xbox One. I didn't hear anything on them issuing refunds. 

I had to keep telling people this in my discord chat. I think that a lot of people these days don't pay much attention to their e-mails. I mean I am shocked considering most of us have smartphones these days. 

On 7/29/2020 at 5:47 PM, Milly said:

Well that explains it all! I had no idea they were doing this. I used a different e-mail for my PS account, one I don't check like ever. I did just check now and I do indeed see the notice but it was in the spam folder. Ah well, no real harm done. I ended up getting it again.

• Like 1
On 8/6/2020 at 9:18 PM, spaceb0und said:

Well that explains it all! I had no idea they were doing this. I used a different e-mail for my PS account, one I don't check like ever. I did just check now and I do indeed see the notice but it was in the spam folder. Ah well, no real harm done. I ended up getting it again.

I think they announced it on Twitter as well but I know not everyone is on there. I hardly go on there anymore myself. They should said up text prompts or something for stuff like this, or have a messaging system within the console to notify you beforehand.  

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

I am disappointed in the quality of the game. There are a lot of bugs and at times, it is unplayable on the PS4. I am so pissed man. It ended up crashing my console 4 times within the first hour of playing. Is there a way to get refunded for it through Playstation??

6 minutes ago, Beanbag said:

I am disappointed in the quality of the game. There are a lot of bugs and at times, it is unplayable on the PS4. I am so pissed man. It ended up crashing my console 4 times within the first hour of playing. Is there a way to get refunded for it through Playstation??

Damn. I heard it was bad on the PS4 but holy crap. My friend is trying to get a refund. I will look into this more. I am glad I decided to get it on PC. Seems like that is the only way to play unless you got one of the new consoles. 

I am working on getting one. The game is just not playable on console. It is struggling with so many different things and crashes way too often. I did end up buying it on PC since working out the process of getting a refund but I noticed issues on there as well. Not nearly as bad but still. 

On 12/11/2020 at 9:24 AM, GBlack said:

If you are trying to get a refund on PS4, this is their guide for going through the process:

https://www.reddit.com/r/playstation/wiki/guides/refunds

Mind you, there have been reports of people not getting their refunds. I was able to get one but it was added to my PSN wallet which I am pissed about. 

This is what I did and they are refusing to give me one and I can't figure out why. No one has responded to my last message either. I am getting frustrated. 

On 8/2/2020 at 8:30 PM, Crabby said:

I got a refund because I wasn't aware this was happening and I am not one to check my e-mail on a daily basis. Whoops! lol That is fine, I just ended up repreordering it. Not a big deal. 

Now I got another refund... but because I wanted one this time. I gave the game 3 days and I just couldn't keep playing it as is. The update didn't fix enough for me to justify keeping the game so I just got it refunded. I will either have to wait until I can afford a better PC or afford a next gen console and wait for that release. So disappointed and mad.

I know 4 people who got full refunds and 3 of them are not going to go back to the game, they are done with it. So if this is the case for other people, they are going to lose a lot in the long run. Maybe they should have been more transparent about what was going on with the game. Oh well.

I got mt refund. I see they decided to just take it off the marketplace on PS4 as well. Is this the same for PS5? 

Either way, I am working on getting a few parts for my PC and I will just play it on there when I can. I am not going to worry about it right now. If I get money for Christmas, I will use that, if not, good chance I won't be playing the game till late January, maybe even February...

On 12/12/2020 at 1:17 PM, ElfWarrior said:

This is what I did and they are refusing to give me one and I can't figure out why. No one has responded to my last message either. I am getting frustrated. 

Did you end up getting one since then? I would hope so considering they removed the game and were issuing them out. Make sure you do it before they close the refund period. I think they won't allow refunds at the start of 2021.

• Like 1

Everyone I personally know has got a refund for the game be it on console or PC. That is 11 people, on and offline friends/family. I am the only one that ended up keeping it because I felt bad otherwise returning it. I don't think the game is finished and is not worth the full cost but I wanted to give them time to make things right. I don't blame anyone for wanting a refund though, not at all.

I am shocked so many people gave up on it already. I mean, why not at least wait it out a few months? Give them time to actually fix the mess. Plenty of games have been released with issues but they work on said issues and get them fixed. It is the holiday season right now so I would imagine they are not working on stuff as much as they could be and it will pick up in 2021.

I got it and decided to refund it for now. While it ran better on the Xbox Series X in comparison to the One, it still had too many issues. I ended up losing interest in it because of that. Thankfully, I got a full refund for the game. I will buy it again when it comes out for the new consoles, assuming they actually release those versions.

On 12/20/2020 at 5:54 PM, GBlack said:

Did you end up getting one since then? I would hope so considering they removed the game and were issuing them out. Make sure you do it before they close the refund period. I think they won't allow refunds at the start of 2021.

Yeah I did. I just mentioned in another thread that they might have been holding off because of the conflict between the companies. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2020 at 8:53 AM, ElfWarrior said:

Yeah I did. I just mentioned in another thread that they might have been holding off because of the conflict between the companies. 

Ah yeah probably. They had to sort through a pretty big mess the first week, especially the first few days. They were likely overwhelmed at the moment too.