How does the customization of weapons work?

FearBoz

Pulled this from an article: 

You'll be able to customize your weapons with two types of mods: attachments, which are physical objects such as scopes and silencers that confer situational and change the look of your weapon; and software mods, which can alter fundamentals like fire rate, damage, and even damage type.

Cyberpunk 2077 weapons will come in the usual RPG-coded rarities: common, uncommon, rare, and legendary. The more powerful they are, the harder they are to find. Legendary weapons even possess special traits that can't be found on any other guns, and you won't be able to buy them in stores. You'll either need to find them in caches scattered across the city or pry them out of somebody's fingers. To get some of the best legendaries in the game, you may need to make some hard choices about what you like better: the NPC or their gun.

Source: https://www.msn.com/en-gb/finance/technology/cyberpunk-2077-weapons-types-mods-and-rarities-explained/ar-BB17Nn5h

Basically, it will function the same way many other games do where you just can do add-ons and attachments. There is a rarity scale as well.

• Thanks 1

I was wondering the same thing. I had an idea of how it functioned in the game but wasn't 100% certain. I like this though cause you can legendary weapons but have basic attachments or have a standard weapon with insane attachments. 

On 8/17/2020 at 7:43 PM, Beanbag said:

I was hoping there would be more to it. Like you could find scraps out on the streets to use and built actually pieces rather than just already made attachments. 

I think in some regards, this is the case unless I misunderstood what the creators were saying. I think if they did focus more on the weapons though it would take away from the game in the sense that they want it to be completely subversive. Not just another shooter.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2020 at 9:23 PM, spaceb0und said:

I think in some regards, this is the case unless I misunderstood what the creators were saying. I think if they did focus more on the weapons though it would take away from the game in the sense that they want it to be completely subversive. Not just another shooter.

I guess so but you have to figure a big part of the gameplay does rely on weapons and different tech gear given the general genre the game falls under.

• Like 1