Will V's personality and speech change according to the path you pick?

Jaysun

From what I know, the path serves as a precursor to your life as V and slightly changes the story, missions, and so on. So I am wondering if your path will actually change V's personality and voice within the story. Like if you pick Street Kid will he/she be more cocky as compared to Corp?

Yeah that is how it works with the paths. Some people have noted that they noticed chances with the gameplay they have seen. Like sometimes V seems very headstrong and other times, a but more relaxed. This can be the general nature of the character but this could also be down to paths. No one knows for sure.

30 minutes ago, ElfWarrior said:

I hope there are some variations depending on your life path because it would make more sense to the character. Also, it would make it more worth playing through the game 3 times. 

Even if the personality stays the same and there isn't a difference in the voice of V, I will still likely play all three paths because we are going to encounter different characters and have different side missions depending on the path. 

I won't be bothered either way if there is no change but considering the attention to detail they have shown to be in the game thus far, I am guessing there is some variation. Maybe it will be part of the path directly or maybe we get to choose the personality of the character ourselves. 

I never even thought of this but it would be a nice detail if they did add this to the game. I haven't heard anything about it from anyone though so if it is part of the character concept, we won't know until people are playing it.

On 8/12/2020 at 7:25 PM, Ghost said:

Even if the personality stays the same and there isn't a difference in the voice of V, I will still likely play all three paths because we are going to encounter different characters and have different side missions depending on the path. 

There will be variations for each one and I am sure each will have different character interactions. I am wondering if each will also see more of a certain character vs another life path. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I watched a video the other day talking about this. I can't remember the guy's channel but he was saying that he believes the path you choose will change the voice, body gestures, and personality of V. It would make sense for them to have slightly different dialogue and personality to them according to their upbringing.