Are the McFarlane figures worth the cost?

GridLock

I was considering getting this one:

dfsdfsd.thumb.jpg.85cfe74c0e92c5e18e09f8d2187f13cc.jpg

But the price tag for it as of now is $39.98. It is a 12 inch figure which is a pretty sizable piece but I don't know if the quality of it justifies the cost. I was looking at a few others as well but they are nearly half the price because they are smaller I would imagine.

• Like 1

The figures look good looking at some of the review shots on Amazon. I mean it is a foot tall so you would have to expect to be paying more than the standard for something like this which is typically 6.5 inches tall and around $25. I think the price is fair compared to other figures.

• Like 1

I am not into collecting figures myself but a friend of mine is and he has this one and a few others. They all look really nice. The details could be better as I have seen better detailing on other figures before but for the price, they are really nice quality. 

• Like 1

Considering this figure is 12 inches tall, I would say the price is reasonable. I have a few figures (not cyberpunk related) that are only 6 maybe 7 inches tall and they cost me over $50. Just look at it as an investment into something you enjoy. Will it be something you will keep and enjoy for a long time?

• Like 1

In my experience, McFarlane has always done really good work with their figures. You can't expect them to be on par with those Japanese companies that sell insanely detailed figures (many of which are over 80 USD) but you can expect to get quality for the price you pay.

• Like 1
On 8/20/2020 at 9:21 PM, GridLock said:

Thanks for all your feedback guys. I ended up popping on here a few days ago and read the reviews. Ended up ordering it. It should be here tomorrow. Can't wait to unbox it!

What do you think of it? I was considering getting one myself before they sold out. I had no idea anyone here was talking about them. Must have overlooked the thread. 

• Like 1

I think they make decent figures. Certainly not the best out there but they are good for mid-range collectors. I have a few from other game series that I quite like. They tend to only sell so many of them as well so the price will shoot up in a few years.

On 8/24/2020 at 9:55 PM, Neon said:

What do you think of it? I was considering getting one myself before they sold out. I had no idea anyone here was talking about them. Must have overlooked the thread. 

It is perfect!

I have him sitting on my desk currently but when I upgrade my PC, I am going to move him to a wall shelf with some other figures I have. Glad I ended up getting it.

• Like 2
On 8/29/2020 at 5:12 PM, GridLock said:

It is perfect!

I have him sitting on my desk currently but when I upgrade my PC, I am going to move him to a wall shelf with some other figures I have. Glad I ended up getting it.

Glad you like it. Like I said, it is great quality for the price range. Once you get everything set up, snap a pic. I like seeing people's desk setups for their PCs.