Do you think the gang turf will change throughout the story?

GBlack

As of now, based on everything that has been released, we have a general idea of what areas each gang controls:

vu7wu1qk7vf51.thumb.png.2284a32818fb5efee208fb8eaba84b5e.png

Now what I am wondering is if you guys think this will change. Like will certain gangs lose control of certain areas while other gangs gain that ground?

Thoughts?

• Like 1

Oh I am hoping it does. It would really give a deeper feel to the choices and consequences built into the game. Like if you help one gang out while going against another, maybe it ends up biting you in the butt later on.

Yeah I think it will. I am not sure to what extent but this is generally how IRL gangs function and work. I just hope that if this is the case, our choices and decisions directly effect what happens and where. 

On 8/8/2020 at 9:57 PM, SickVic said:

Yeah I think it will. I am not sure to what extent but this is generally how IRL gangs function and work. I just hope that if this is the case, our choices and decisions directly effect what happens and where. 

This is what I was thinking. Like say you (as V) help regain ground from another gang for money or something, then that gang will now have more turf to control and likely have more businesses expanding. 

• Like 1

I am sure it will but I am not sure to what extent.

I just can't wait to be in the environment itself and see how each gang functions among their own areas with their own members vs against other rival gangs. 

Edited by Crabby

I think it will but I don't know to what extent. I remember hearing someone mention this about the game. Might have been on Twitch and part of a presentation. Either way, I will just be thrilled to play it and see it in action for myself.

On 8/8/2020 at 9:57 PM, SickVic said:

Based on things I have read, all of out choices in the game will have some kind of impact so if this is true for the gangs as well, it will be cool to see how we can actually shape the story as we go along.

• Like 1
On 8/12/2020 at 6:55 PM, ElfWarrior said:

This is what I was thinking. Like say you (as V) help regain ground from another gang for money or something, then that gang will now have more turf to control and likely have more businesses expanding. 

I think there might be an option to help or hinder other gangs as well which will directly effect your street cred. I would imagine if you screw over all the gangs, you end up with all of them gunning for you. 

• Like 1

If this is how it will function, I will likely pick whichever gang I like the most and help them get as much turf as possible because why not? I think it would be sweet if the city landscaping changed to match it. 

• Like 1
On 8/20/2020 at 9:34 PM, Jaysun said:

If this is how it will function, I will likely pick whichever gang I like the most and help them get as much turf as possible because why not? I think it would be sweet if the city landscaping changed to match it. 

That is something worth trying! I wonder if it would impact the main story line in any ways. I am sure a lot of the side missions will deal with doing work with or for these gangs. 

• Like 1
On 8/21/2020 at 10:49 PM, ElfWarrior said:

That is something worth trying! I wonder if it would impact the main story line in any ways. I am sure a lot of the side missions will deal with doing work with or for these gangs. 

Most of the side missions will most certainly be doing tasks for gangs and maybe law enforcement at some point. I am assuming they still have some kind of police for the streets, likely crooked as heck though.

On 8/29/2020 at 5:19 PM, Jaysun said:

Most of the side missions will most certainly be doing tasks for gangs and maybe law enforcement at some point. I am assuming they still have some kind of police for the streets, likely crooked as heck though.

I highly doubt these areas have any policing. They are almost entirely run by street criminals, corporations, and hired hands.