What do the warnings mean?

I noticed a few warnings in the promotional work that has me wondering what it means. There are things that say "turn back" or "no regrets". I was wondering if this was meant to be part of the general story/plot or have some kind of deeper meaning to it. Anyone know?

21 minutes ago, GBlack said:

It likely has to do with the lifestyles and insecurities of people growing up in this world (within the game). I know that the phrases line up with the streetkid, the corp, and the nomad. 

While I am not too familiar with the story or the lore, I did find something that explains these groups really well:

Nomad: turn back... before you enter night city, nothing good is there. Nomads value honor and family. Things night city has in very short supply.

Street Kid: No future - you grew up in poverty and have only the faintest hope of moving from your caste. Enjoy day to day hedonism hoping you can make the best out of the life you have while surviving another day.

Corp: trust no one - you’re neck deep in the corporate world, and you gotta realize everyone here is looking out for their bottom line. To them, you’re either an asset or a liability, never an ally.

I think these descriptions make the titles even more interesting. 

• Like 3
On 7/29/2020 at 5:26 PM, Kip said:

While I am not too familiar with the story or the lore, I did find something that explains these groups really well:

I think these descriptions make the titles even more interesting. 

I do like these descriptions. I have seen others that go more in depth which is fine but if you want the basis of each group outlines, this is the best set of descriptions I have read that aren't the size of a 3 page essay. 

Ah okay thanks for letting me know. I am still quite new to the lore and general background story the game is based on. I was a bit thrown off by these warnings but it makes sense it comes from the paths within the game characters go through.

• Like 1

That lines up perfectly Kip! I am not sure who summed the groups or "paths" up that way but they did a good job. I ended up reading into them a bit more and that is the easiest and most simplified explanation for each.