Censorship of the game?

I didn't know they intended on doing full nudity in the game. I can see why Japan would want to add undies to these characters. It is a video game and really, nudity is not needed in games unless it is a key point of expressing something in the game. I doubt anyone cares it is being censored over there. 

On 8/6/2020 at 9:19 PM, spaceb0und said:

I didn't know they intended on doing full nudity in the game. I can see why Japan would want to add undies to these characters. It is a video game and really, nudity is not needed in games unless it is a key point of expressing something in the game. I doubt anyone cares it is being censored over there. 

I kind of figured they would include a lot of realistic things in-tune with city/urban life just making it more futuristic. Clubs are a thing, drugs are a thing, I am sure there will be strip clubs and the full 9 yards. I never knew Japan censored video games this way though. 

On 8/9/2020 at 8:52 PM, StarrShooter said:

I get that people censor certain things in other countries. I mean it is better to go along with it and get the sales and allow your game to reach more fans vs the alternative where you put up a middle finger and and entire region misses out on the game.

I think a lot of devs do this for that very fact. They want to let as many people as possible enjoy the game. You won't be able to get away with the same stuff you would in the US in other areas. I mean the same can be said of other places too, some stuff that is okay in one place might not fly in the US.

• Like 1

I am all for creative freedom and whether or not there is sexual content, drug use, and so in a game doesn't make a difference to me so long as it serves a purpose. I am sure it will add to the experience but it likely won't take away from the game for those who have to buy it more censored. 

On 8/8/2020 at 9:32 PM, GBlack said:

I kind of figured they would include a lot of realistic things in-tune with city/urban life just making it more futuristic. Clubs are a thing, drugs are a thing, I am sure there will be strip clubs and the full 9 yards. I never knew Japan censored video games this way though. 

I think it really depends in their culture. Like something like this will be censored. They are more open to hinting or expressing sexuality without showing everything. You can see this in games that have been made from Japanese dev studios. 

• Like 1
On 8/15/2020 at 8:41 PM, Helixblood said:

I think a lot of devs do this for that very fact. They want to let as many people as possible enjoy the game. You won't be able to get away with the same stuff you would in the US in other areas. I mean the same can be said of other places too, some stuff that is okay in one place might not fly in the US.

Oh for sure and with everything going on and people targeting games as an issue with children (even though the games they often site are for ADULTS) I won't be surprised if people within the US start complaining about Cyberpunk 2077 shortly after it is released. 

• Like 1
On 8/20/2020 at 9:14 PM, StarrShooter said:

Oh for sure and with everything going on and people targeting games as an issue with children (even though the games they often site are for ADULTS) I won't be surprised if people within the US start complaining about Cyberpunk 2077 shortly after it is released. 

They are going to. It will either be too politically correct and inoffensive or not open-minded enough. Can't please everyone and the more you look around, you will see how desperately alone people really are to be complaining about such things in a video game. 

• Like 1
On 8/24/2020 at 9:58 PM, Helixblood said:

They are going to. It will either be too politically correct and inoffensive or not open-minded enough. Can't please everyone and the more you look around, you will see how desperately alone people really are to be complaining about such things in a video game. 

I think the way people's minds work today on things being offensive is from a lack of reality on social issues and social problems. But that is a discussion for another place and time. I just know that people will complain about this game no matter what so I am going in with an open mind and judging it based on my own experiences with the game, no one else's. 

• Like 1
On 8/29/2020 at 4:56 PM, StarrShooter said:

I think the way people's minds work today on things being offensive is from a lack of reality on social issues and social problems. But that is a discussion for another place and time. I just know that people will complain about this game no matter what so I am going in with an open mind and judging it based on my own experiences with the game, no one else's. 

That is the way to go about it. People these days are fickle and thanks to social media, they believe they have the right to cry and complain about everything. Instead of enjoying what they bought, they try to have the next big hot take on it and to me, they are just ruining the games for themselves. 

• Like 1