Should I buy the "The World of Cyberpunk 2077" book?

I was debating on it. I am not really familiar with the game's backstory or lore. I know it is based on other things but I really don't know what would be worth reading into. A friend recommended this book if I wanted to see what directly will tie into the game. Does anyone here have the book? Is it worth getting?

• Like 1

If you can find it, buy it. I was waiting for it to come back in stock on Amazon, it still hasn't. A friend of mine is seeing if he can locate any extras at the shop he works for, it is a gaming and comic shop local to the area.

• Like 1
On 8/15/2020 at 8:40 PM, Helixblood said:

The book is on sale, down from $40 to $25 on Amazon right now: https://www.amazon.com/World-Cyberpunk-2077-Marcin-Batylda/dp/1506713580

It is still out of stock but if anyone here hasn't ordered it, you can pay the sale cost and get it when it comes back in stock.

Looks like the price went up a few bucks since you posted this. Still a good deal. I wish I had gotten it before they sold out. At this point, I would rather wait to buy it until I know the books is available. 

On 8/15/2020 at 8:40 PM, Helixblood said:

The book is on sale, down from $40 to $25 on Amazon right now: https://www.amazon.com/World-Cyberpunk-2077-Marcin-Batylda/dp/1506713580

It is still out of stock but if anyone here hasn't ordered it, you can pay the sale cost and get it when it comes back in stock.

Oh nice, thanks for the heads up.

And thanks for everyone's feedback on the question. I think I will go ahead and order it now. It can show up and surprise me when it is back in stock. 

On 8/17/2020 at 6:09 PM, Twizted said:

Looks like the price went up a few bucks since you posted this. Still a good deal. I wish I had gotten it before they sold out. At this point, I would rather wait to buy it until I know the books is available. 

And again. lol

I was considering buying it when I saw it was marked down to $25 but now it is back to $35. I will just wait for a sale on it again. I am in no rush for it. 

• Like 1
On 8/19/2020 at 3:08 PM, SickVic said:

And again. lol

I was considering buying it when I saw it was marked down to $25 but now it is back to $35. I will just wait for a sale on it again. I am in no rush for it. 

It will probably stay at that price till they get more stock in I bet. Sucks if you wanted it and missed out on the sale. 

• Like 1
On 8/26/2020 at 11:40 PM, Twizted said:

It will probably stay at that price till they get more stock in I bet. Sucks if you wanted it and missed out on the sale. 

You can find it elsewhere though. I saw some people already selling it on eBay. Likely read it and have no desire to keep it or they just didn't like it. I think they are selling on their for $40+ though.

On 8/28/2020 at 10:56 PM, SickVic said:

You can find it elsewhere though. I saw some people already selling it on eBay. Likely read it and have no desire to keep it or they just didn't like it. I think they are selling on their for $40+ though.

A friend of mine got it off ebay and the book he got, he paid $50 for and it ended up coming with two stains on it and one of the pages was badly creased. Not worth it if you instead on taking care of the book. 

On 8/31/2020 at 3:30 PM, Twizted said:

A friend of mine got it off ebay and the book he got, he paid $50 for and it ended up coming with two stains on it and one of the pages was badly creased. Not worth it if you instead on taking care of the book. 

Yeah that can be an issue with buying on ebay unfortunately. I noticed some people will use stock photos too so you can't see what you are getting is damaged.

• Like 1
On 9/7/2020 at 2:16 PM, SickVic said:

Yeah that can be an issue with buying on ebay unfortunately. I noticed some people will use stock photos too so you can't see what you are getting is damaged.

Yeah and they don't open the book in the pictures or purposely show pages where there isn't damage. It is a real coin flip. I hardly ever buy used items on there for that reason. Like I said, not work it.

• Like 1