Jump to content

Anyone else upgrading their PC for the game?


Recommended Posts

I am thinking about getting a GTX 1070 graphics card. Right now I have the GTX 1060 which I am sure will play the game just fine but I want to get the most out of my experience. Anyone else going to be upgrading their PC for the game? If you are, what are you planning on getting?

Link to post

Comparing both the 1070 gets you a benchmark of 13,286 where as the 1060  is currently getting you around 10,239. You will notice a difference but I am not sure how much of a difference. It depends on the game really and we don't have much to compare with it right now.

  • Like 1
Link to post
On 8/6/2020 at 9:14 PM, MarcKoi said:

Comparing both the 1070 gets you a benchmark of 13,286 where as the 1060  is currently getting you around 10,239. You will notice a difference but I am not sure how much of a difference. It depends on the game really and we don't have much to compare with it right now.

I was trying to find some recommendations and comparisons but not much is out yet. No one has gotten to test it and compare it on PC. I think anyone considering upgrading should wait until after the game comes out to make sure they get the kind of experience they want out of their computer.

  • Like 1
Link to post

I was considering it but I likely will end up getting it on console and console only. While I love playing on PC, you have to worry about people ruining the online gameplay. I mean I could get a copy for PC now and then one for console once multiplayer is released but I am not sure.

Link to post

A friend of mine is rebuilding his entire PC based on the game and another one he plans on getting. I guess it is fine for an investment if you play exclusively on PC anyways. It is not like an upgrade would go to waste but he is going all in and upgrading to 4K and all that. I think his upgrade or "rebuild" essentially is going to cost him like $800+.

  • Like 1
Link to post
On 8/14/2020 at 4:11 PM, FearBoz said:

A friend of mine is rebuilding his entire PC based on the game and another one he plans on getting. I guess it is fine for an investment if you play exclusively on PC anyways. It is not like an upgrade would go to waste but he is going all in and upgrading to 4K and all that. I think his upgrade or "rebuild" essentially is going to cost him like $800+.

Is he just getting everything new? I mean at that point, you may as well. Anytime I change anything with mine, I end up buying a new case. I usually do upgrades every 2 years.

Link to post
On 8/17/2020 at 7:47 PM, MarcKoi said:

I mean generally, they can only speculate the specs. They have not been listed anywhere for PC performance recommendations. I will post them when/if I come across them before anyone else does.

These are the recommended system requirements on the low-end: 

Ryzen 5 3600 (6-core/12-thread)
ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4/ac
G.Skill Aegis 2x8GB DDR4-3200
Adata XPG Gammix S5 512GB M.2 NVMe SSD
MSI GeForce RTX 2060 Ventus XS OC
Corsair Carbide 175R
Corsair CV 650W Bronze

  • Like 1
Link to post
On 8/23/2020 at 11:52 AM, FearBoz said:

These are the recommended system requirements on the low-end: 

Ryzen 5 3600 (6-core/12-thread)
ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4/ac
G.Skill Aegis 2x8GB DDR4-3200
Adata XPG Gammix S5 512GB M.2 NVMe SSD
MSI GeForce RTX 2060 Ventus XS OC
Corsair Carbide 175R
Corsair CV 650W Bronze

Thanks for sharing that, where did you find the requirements? I looked on Steam and several other sites and couldn't find anything about them. 

  • Like 1
Link to post

As much as I am hyped for this game, I don't think it justifies getting an upgrade for. If you intend on playing other games or making use of your upgrades elsewhere then sure, fine but keep in mind the game will be rereleased on the next gen consoles. 

Link to post
On 8/27/2020 at 7:59 PM, MarcKoi said:

Thanks for sharing that, where did you find the requirements? I looked on Steam and several other sites and couldn't find anything about them. 

It was on a gaming blog. I can't recall the name of it. I did have it bookmarked but it appears to have not been saved right or accidentally removed. If I find it again I will post the link for you. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
On 8/31/2020 at 3:05 PM, FearBoz said:

It was on a gaming blog. I can't recall the name of it. I did have it bookmarked but it appears to have not been saved right or accidentally removed. If I find it again I will post the link for you. 

Yeah let me know, I want to read all the details. I tried searching for it again but I am not seeing it unless I am overlooking it within a larger post itself.

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...