Will the game have cross-play?

This is a ways out considering the multiplayer is not expect to be out any sooner than 2022 but I am the kind of person to not want to buy a game more than once. If they do intend on having it work this way, I would love to know in what fashion. Will consoles be able to play with each other or will this include PC players as well?

I don't think we will know anything on this anytime soon. I didn't see any mention of it anywhere thus far. I would imagine though that we will start learning about multiplayer next year, likely the end of the summer. If they are planning on launching it in 2022, it will probably be in the first or second quarter. 

I am hoping it does just because most of my friends still play on console and I play on PC. I do not intend on getting the next gen consoles as I had both the Xbox One and PS4 and hardly used either one of them in the last 4 years. 

I doubt it will, just doesn't seem like the game to do something like that for. I could understand sport games or general racing type games, anything released to that but general FPS games never are. 

• Like 1
On 8/8/2020 at 9:42 PM, Kip said:

I doubt it will, just doesn't seem like the game to do something like that for. I could understand sport games or general racing type games, anything released to that but general FPS games never are. 

Same here. It just seems like it would be more in their interest to keep everything separate. Given how updates work these days, it is easy to update according to console vs all of them at once especially if one console is having bug issues and the other isn't. 

If they do, it will likely only be with the consoles. PC won't be included. A lot of games work this way which I am fine with. PC tends to have a lot more fixes needed to prevent hackers and cheaters from abusing the system of the game.