If cut features were released at a later date as DLC, would you buy them?

Cripto

Most of you probably know about this but for those of you who don't, they cut a lot of features from the game to get it to be released sooner. Things like car customization, and spider bots are two examples. If this stuff were to be released at a later date, do you think it would be something you would buy? I personally don't because I would likely be done with the story by then.

I think I read that any DLC they release will be free outside of story extensions so unless they include it within a story expansion, we won't be getting charged for stuff like this but I guess they can change their minds. 

22 hours ago, Neon said:

I think I read that any DLC they release will be free outside of story extensions so unless they include it within a story expansion, we won't be getting charged for stuff like this but I guess they can change their minds. 

Yeah they mentioned it, the devs. They said that they don't want to work with micro-transactions for stuff like this. If anything is only cosmetic, it will be free for everyone.

No, I do not intend on buying anything related to micro transactions. I am fine with paying for DLC if it adds to the story though. I would prefer that. I don't need extras like this unless they are part of a bigger DLC pack.

I am not in the market for paying for DLC unless it directly adds to the gameplay. Skins and whatnot do nothing for me so I never buy them. I get why some people do but it was a market that never appealed to me in video games. 

It depends. I mean if I like something good enough, and it is just cosmetic, I might get it. I am not fussed about making these purchases if I am already invested in the game itself because I figure the money just supports the game itself and future developments. 

On 8/15/2020 at 8:51 PM, RiotRaven said:

It depends. I mean if I like something good enough, and it is just cosmetic, I might get it. I am not fussed about making these purchases if I am already invested in the game itself because I figure the money just supports the game itself and future developments. 

I have done this myself. I have paid real money to get items that are just cosmetic. I mean the way you describe it, it is not a waste and completely justifiable but I think this is more for games that are free to play. They rely on these smaller transactions. 

• Like 1
On 8/19/2020 at 2:59 PM, Milly said:

I have done this myself. I have paid real money to get items that are just cosmetic. I mean the way you describe it, it is not a waste and completely justifiable but I think this is more for games that are free to play. They rely on these smaller transactions. 

Oh for sure. Free to play games need to smaller transactions to keep things running and I am fine with that but I don't shy away, at least not completely, from tossing some money to a paid game for something I would enjoy that is realistically useless in game.  

On 8/25/2020 at 8:14 PM, RiotRaven said:

Oh for sure. Free to play games need to smaller transactions to keep things running and I am fine with that but I don't shy away, at least not completely, from tossing some money to a paid game for something I would enjoy that is realistically useless in game.  

Yeah support for a game you enjoy is how I look at these things. A lot of people get mad over them but no one is asking you to buy them. They are just optional. Some say stuff like this should be free in paid games but I feel that is up to the developers to decide. 

• Like 1

Thankfully we don't need to worry about this. They stressed time and time again that they will only be releasing DLC that is a part of an extension to the story (paid) or extras which will be free to everyone. 

On 8/28/2020 at 10:46 PM, Milly said:

Yeah support for a game you enjoy is how I look at these things. A lot of people get mad over them but no one is asking you to buy them. They are just optional. Some say stuff like this should be free in paid games but I feel that is up to the developers to decide. 

Exactly!!

• Like 1