Judy romance with male V unearthed?

In case you didn't know, Judy would only romance with a female V and Panam with a male V. This was set up this way on purpose. Panam only interacts sexually with men and Judy with women. The modders that found these lines under the male V's voice are said to be there just in case something was overlooked and not directly tied in with Judy's character.

Some fans have called this "cut content", but speaking to Eurogamer, a CD Projekt representative denied this was the case, insisting the male voice lines were only recorded "so we could avoid missing something by mistake that would require future recordings".

"It was simply more convenient and easier for our localisation team from a production point of view to record all lines with both voices, so we could avoid missing something by mistake that would require future recordings," the CDP rep explained.

"This was done with pretty much everything just to be on the safe side although it can vary between the different languages.

"Judy was always only a female V romance partner and that was the artistic vision from the start, there was no male romance option cut from the game."

Cyberpunk 2077 includes four romance NPCs, each with a different V type condition. Panam requires V to have the male body type, but you can have any voice. River requires the female body type and any voice. As mentioned, Judy needs both the female body type and female voice. And Kerry needs both the male body type and male voice.

Source: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-01-05-cd-projekt-clarifies-cyberpunk-2077-judy-romance-after-modders-unearth-unused-male-voice-lines

I wondered this. I didn't play through again to find out but I thought maybe they would have these characters swap "sexual roles" or possibly be open to both. Glad I didn't waste the time. That is interesting that they left these voices in the game though.

18 minutes ago, Tanykome said:

I wondered this. I didn't play through again to find out but I thought maybe they would have these characters swap "sexual roles" or possibly be open to both. Glad I didn't waste the time. That is interesting that they left these voices in the game though.

Probably easier to just leave it then to go back and change things. You don't expect people to go digging through these files do you? I mean I wouldn't. 

So they had male V have dialog for a relationship with her just so they didn't miss anything? I feel like they changed their minds on something after the fact. That doesn't make any sense what they said.

23 hours ago, Hantaro said:

Maybe they intended on using this for DLC but someone ruined it? I always thought a lot of stuff like this was left in games for possible DLC down the road. 

I thought this but at this point, I don't even think they were considering much DLC. They were so focused on just trying to get the game done in time they likely cut out parts dealing with it. 

4 minutes ago, RiotRaven said:

So Judy is a lesbian and Panam is straight? I could have sworn both ladies went both ways. Maybe I misinterpreted something in the story or what other people were saying. 

There were some parts where I could see this but Panam clearly likes the company of men and Judy, women. I think the fact that they left the audio tracts for what was mentioned in the game does imply otherwise but it doesn't mesh with the personalities or story. 

Maybe they intended on having Judy be the straight character? Or they at least considered it. I don't know. I really don't care honestly. I think the fact that they have male V's voice giving sexual dialog with Judy left in the game doesn't mean anything.

I saw a meme about Judy and Panam and was laughing. It was directed at being the male vs the female. Like the one was saying "Why won't you love me" to Judy as the male V and then the same from a female V to Panam. I wish I could remember where I saw it. I would have posted it.