What happened to the above ground train system?

FearBoz

You can see the Night City Area Rapid Transit but it does not function. It seems like it was meant to function at release but doesn't appear to be in working order. Do you think this will be part of the first set of free DLC or maybe a future story line DLC pack?

On 12/30/2020 at 2:35 PM, Helixblood said:

From what I read, it was meant to be a feature in the game but they changed their minds on it prior to launch. Likely down to errors and bugs. At this point, I am shocked they didn't just chuck it in with everything else that was broken. 

I heard the same think. I am thinking that they were having issues with it myself. I can bet you it was VERY broken for them not to include it considering so many aspects of the game are loaded with bugs.

I think they will end up using it for DLC. Seems silly to have something like this in the game and not have it functioning. It would be one of the largest "props" that are unusable in the entire game. 

Unfinished project on the game is my guess. Could also be down to bugs or them wanting to use it for future DLC. 

I really can't find any information on it to link to you though.

On 1/1/2021 at 11:59 AM, RiotRaven said:

I heard the same think. I am thinking that they were having issues with it myself. I can bet you it was VERY broken for them not to include it considering so many aspects of the game are loaded with bugs.

Could have been broken, yeah. I think they got too far ahead of themselves and bit off way more than they could chew to say the least. 

It became the underground railroad. 

download.jpeg.f0b30313e8ffa9d2df584cf8af872ec8.jpeg

Probably just didn't finish it or had issues with it like many other aspects in the game. I am still hoping they actually make it functional in the future.