Transferring Cyberpunk 2077 Save - Xbox One to Xbox Series X

FearBoz

I thought I would post this since I had to help a friend do it on his Xbox Series X.

Go to "My Games & Apps" on the main menu of the Xbox One. Go all the way down to "Manage" and under the "Settings" header, you will see "Network Transfer". Select that and allow the network transfer. Be sure your Xbox One is up to date on the latest firmware and updates to ensure it is compatible with the newer system. After you have updated the console and have the option checked off, boot your XSX/S and go to the "My Games & Apps" section again. Follow the same as above but this time, you will see your Xix One under "Local Consoles". 

Select the Xbox One and a list will appear will all the games you will be able to copy along with their installations and saves. Find Cyberpunk 2077 on the list and select it, then "Copy Selected". You will be notified that you are copying the game from the Xbox One to the internal system of the XSX/S. Do this once more over the internet, best to use an Ethernet cable connection for this so it transfers faster. 

When you boot up the game for the first time, you may need to load the most recent save instead of selecting the continue option. 

• Like 2

Had I kept the game and was able to get an Xbox Series X or S, I likely would have made use of this. Thanks for sharing the information regardless. I am sure it will help people out. I think you can also transfer the game via USB but I don't know entirely how to do that.

On 12/29/2020 at 10:04 AM, Crabby said:

Had I kept the game and was able to get an Xbox Series X or S, I likely would have made use of this. Thanks for sharing the information regardless. I am sure it will help people out. I think you can also transfer the game via USB but I don't know entirely how to do that.

Just wait a but and get it on PC if you can. If you can't and need to wait for the next gen console release, just wait. There is no rush. With how everything is going right now, I can't see the game being fixed for several months, maybe not even until 2022.

• Like 1

My brother needed help with this and I directed him to your post the other day. Worked just fine. He is having a slightly more enjoyable experience now lol

On 12/29/2020 at 10:04 AM, Crabby said:

USB is easier if you are familiar with using them on console. You just transfer the saves to it and then plug it into the other system and load them, save the game, and everything is good to go.

• Like 1
On 1/4/2021 at 9:49 AM, SickVic said:

USB is easier if you are familiar with using them on console. You just transfer the saves to it and then plug it into the other system and load them, save the game, and everything is good to go.

Yeah I don't know how to do this. I mean I am sure it is easy but I never used USB sticks on consoles before so I am not the person to attempt this lol Just think it is likely easier. 

On 12/30/2020 at 2:40 PM, KyleZ said:

Just wait a but and get it on PC if you can. If you can't and need to wait for the next gen console release, just wait. There is no rush. With how everything is going right now, I can't see the game being fixed for several months, maybe not even until 2022.

Really, you are thinking a full year will be needed for them to fix it? I think that would end up being bad for them. I can't see people holding interest and waiting for major fixes, even with DLC coming out.

On 1/8/2021 at 10:03 AM, Crabby said:

Really, you are thinking a full year will be needed for them to fix it? I think that would end up being bad for them. I can't see people holding interest and waiting for major fixes, even with DLC coming out.

I am basing this on the rate of development. The game took how many years to finish and it was still pushed back 5 times and game out unfinished. 

Here is for USB transfers. I am pulling this from the Allgames Zone website:

The easiest and most efficient method of moving your save over from Xbox One to Xbox Series X|S is to use an external USB drive. If you’re looking to move your save and/or installations over, simply plug in your USB stick (make sure it’s 3.0) and head back into the My games & apps menu once again from your Xbox One.

Then, find Cyberpunk 2077 and click the Menu button on your controller, followed by the Manage game and add-ons option. After that, select the save data and press Move or copy to move it to the USB stick. Keep in mind, you’ll need to format the USB drive to work with the Xbox systems. This prompt will appear once you plug in the drive to your Xbox for the first time. Once it’s formatted, you won’t be able to use the drive with other non-Xbox devices.

After you’ve moved your Cyberpunk 2077 data over to the drive, you can plug it into your Xbox Series X|S. Then, head into Settings from the dashboard and navigate down to System, followed by Storage. Here, you’ll see your internal memory, as well as the external device. Select the external device (which is found below the internal one), and select Move or copy.

Pick Cyberpunk 2077, and it will copy all the data, including the entire installation file from the external drive to the internal drive. You’ll notice it will copy much faster using this method than if you attempted to do it over the internet — even if you’re plugged in via an Ethernet cable.

After it’s finished copying, boot up Cyberpunk 2077 and again, manually load the save file you want to use since the game might not prompt you to continue.