The delay of release - thoughts?

dgsg.png.cf4cdbe99d978162ffe927239ad082b0.png

I am sure most people, if not all people on this forum are aware of the delay. I only just found out the other day as I had been too busy to check anything new on the game this past month and a half. I didn't know they set a new release date either. 

So the game will now be released on November 19th. 

Any thoughts or feelings on this?

I assumed it would be delayed. A lot of shows and other games I have been waiting on got pushed back too. They likely knew once the lockdown became a bigger issue that everyone had to do, that a good month or 2 of production and work would be lost.

I am not too upset about it. I mean they already made adjustments to get the game out to us sooner, what is another 2 months really? I will have more free time then anyways. I always work 2 jobs up until October. One is seasonal I do part time though work in general has been a bit of a mess because of covid.

On 8/3/2020 at 8:47 PM, Cripto said:

I wasn't expecting it to be delayed, even with the lockdown because I had assumed production and what not was done. I guess they pushed it back for support purposes and other things though. 

Same here but we never really had anything like this happen. Shows, movies, and everything else got hit so I guess in that sense we should have assumed it would be the case with games. I think other ones got pushed back or delayed as well.

It isn't that big of a deal. I was more upset when I first heard about it then I am now. Given how my schedule as been, it will probably be better for me that the game is not coming out till November. I am just hoping they stick to this because I know there might be a second wave of lockdowns if people aren't careful.

On 8/6/2020 at 8:50 PM, Beanbag said:

Same here but we never really had anything like this happen. Shows, movies, and everything else got hit so I guess in that sense we should have assumed it would be the case with games. I think other ones got pushed back or delayed as well.

Yeah a few titles did. Others are coming out or have come out on time which is great and all but I feel like they took the delay option strictly because they want to be able to work as a team in office and monitor the game. Not all games need that. 

• Like 1

I have had games delay on me before when I was waiting for the release. I feel bummed out over it sure but I don't get upset about it. I just carry on and continue waiting. I have other games to play anyways so it is not a big deal for me.

• Like 1
On 8/15/2020 at 8:54 PM, RiotRaven said:

I have had games delay on me before when I was waiting for the release. I feel bummed out over it sure but I don't get upset about it. I just carry on and continue waiting. I have other games to play anyways so it is not a big deal for me.

Yeah I feel the same for the most part. It sucks but you move on. It isn't like the game got canceled or anything. If that was the case, I would have been pretty mad because the way this year has been going, Cyberpunk 2077 is like one of the few things I have to look forward to this year.