Cyberpunk Maker Vows Defense Against Class Action Suit Claims

Tanykome

CD Projekt SA, the Polish video-game publisher of Cyberpunk 2077, said it will defend itself vigorously after an investor sued the company for allegedly misleading holders of its depository receipts and incurring losses.

The investor filed the suit in federal court in Los Angeles, claiming he was misled by the maker of the error-plagued game, which caused shares to dive after its release earlier this month. Sony Corp. removed Cyberpunk 2077 from the Playstation store, and Sony, Microsoft Corp. and the company were forced to offer full refunds for the game.

Spotted this story on Bloomberg. Yikes. So they are now vowing to defend themselves "vigorously" against any such claims. They already started digging their own grave before the game was launched with delay after delay and no logical person can say this game is what it was intended to be. The fact that they are going to deny everything just seems foolish.

They are going to do their best not to bleed any more money. That is what anyone in their position would do. I am sure they have good lawyers on their side. Just sucks but this is what happens when you rush a game. 

• Like 1

CD Projekt has a lot to deal with next year. I think we are all in for a nightmare at this point. Things are going to get worse before they get better not only for the game but irl situations. Just buckle up and hope they pull through so at least we will have Cyberpunk 2077 to distract us. 

Edited by KyleZ
typo
  • Like 1
On 12/30/2020 at 2:29 PM, Neon said:

They are going to do their best not to bleed any more money. That is what anyone in their position would do. I am sure they have good lawyers on their side. Just sucks but this is what happens when you rush a game. 

Yup. They messed up but they need to save tail and really work with what they do from this point or they will risk losing a lot of money and this will hurt the development of the game's future DLC, multiplayer, and other things.

I am still pretty salty. I bought it on the PS4 and maybe that was my fault. I should have just waiting until I got the PS5 or something. Either way, I don't want to see them take a huge hit and never finish the game but I also don't blame investors for going after them over it.

How about they vow to fix the darn game? Maybe investors will get off their backs if they focus on getting things sorted out. lol

I am not surprised by this though. They are going to say and do what they can to keep hold of that money. 

Has there been any update to this yet? I am curious to see how things pan out for them. As others have mentioned, I just don't want to see them take a massive hit and the development of the game either be very slow or they just give up on it. 

On 1/1/2021 at 11:58 AM, RiotRaven said:

Yup. They messed up but they need to save tail and really work with what they do from this point or they will risk losing a lot of money and this will hurt the development of the game's future DLC, multiplayer, and other things.

If that does happen, like they end up losing massive investments, the game will likely tank and only a select fan base will be left. I won't bother with it anymore if that is the case. Development will be even slower than it was with all their supporters.