An Update For Playstation Players

Jaysun

I figured I would post this so everyone knows what is going on from the source. I am pulling this from Cyberpunk's website.

I know a lot of people were confused as to what was going on with the online purchases and whether this was temporary or permanent. There were also concerns about support.

Following our discussion with PlayStation, a decision was made to temporarily suspend digital distribution of Cyberpunk 2077 on PlayStation Store. You can still buy physical versions of the game in brick and mortar stores and online. All purchased digital and physical copies of the game will continue to receive support and updates as we continue to improve your experience. 

According to our knowledge, starting today, everyone who is not willing to wait for updates and wants to refund their digital copy of the game, can do so by submitting a request at https://www.playstation.com/cyberpunk-2077-refunds/

We are working hard to bring Cyberpunk 2077 back to PlayStation Store as soon as possible.

• Like 1

Sony is not happy to say the least. I am shocked by what came of this. I am still on the boat with everyone else who said it should have been a PC only release for this year and came out for console next year. It clearly was not ready.

A lot of people I know who played on PS4 or even PS5 weren't exactly happy they did this. I mean some of them wanted to wait things out but they got worried the game wouldn't be supported so they got refunds. They should have been more clear about this before pulling the plug.

Well at least they let everyone know the game will eventually come back. Who knows how long it will take. Hopefully 2021 is a lot kinder and things improve for them for all our sakes lol

Thanks for posting this. I honestly didn't know what was going on or what to think when it happened. I thought Sony was just done with them for good but knowing it is going to eventually be put back, I will likely get the PS5. I almost was going to change my mind and go with the Xbox Series X over it. 

On 12/24/2020 at 8:37 AM, Jaysun said:

We are working hard to bring Cyberpunk 2077 back to PlayStation Store as soon as possible.

Yeah we will see about this. lol

I just jumped ship and started playing it on PC. I wanted to play it on console but at this point, I am having more fun with the game thanks to mods so it was a happy accident.