Blame Management

Milly

aK70b01_700b.thumb.jpg.880fadcdebd47dd55e54eab6f1370b56.jpg

I saw this floating around online and I have to agree with a lot of it. It seems like management made poor decisions which ended up crippling the entire company and forcing them to rush through deadlines. This is not how to properly run things. I am shocked they managed to get the game out at all in this case. 

I mean, we can blame them but they are still part of the overall team. People who worked for the company could have said "Don't you think ____ should be getting done?". I don't know. The game is still fun for me. I just hate that is disappointed so many people and has a lot of bugs. 

I don't know how I feel about this. Yeah, you can blame them but without having worked for the company, how do you know that blame is justifiable? I don't feel like it is our place to pick and choose who to blame. The company is a team and the company is at fault, period. 

You can't just blindly point the finger without having worked within the company. We don't know what went wrong but something did. The game in and of itself is a good game when you ignore what everyone else is saying. The bugs are annoying and the issues on console are upsetting but the game plays fine, for the most part, on PC.

I don't know who is at fault when it comes to everything but they company looks bad for what they did, or maybe for what they didn't do. Rumors suggest the bulk of the game being developed took place in late 2019 and early 2020. Some say the COVID outbreak is what set them back. I think this is just an excuse. 

We can point the finger but that won't fix anything. While I do agree, they have HORRIBLE time management skills at this company, I doubt this comes down to people who "manage" things. This is likely from who was in charge of what areas not paying enough attention to time.

On 12/29/2020 at 10:02 AM, FearBoz said:

You can't just blindly point the finger without having worked within the company. We don't know what went wrong but something did. The game in and of itself is a good game when you ignore what everyone else is saying. The bugs are annoying and the issues on console are upsetting but the game plays fine, for the most part, on PC.

Yes, that is all fine and dandy but you have to consider that 60% of players, maybe even more, are playing this game on console. 

And I don't mean to put blame on things without understanding them. I mean in the sense that their time management was bad and those who are in charge of that are the most to blame. 

Management and development roles in the gaming industry tend to be the same people. You will have people in charge of certain sectors but they still work on the dev team themselves. That is why you can't blame one without the other.