Lawsuits coming from investors...

spaceb0und

This sounds like a very bad thing. Apparently investors are not happy with the game that was made, so much so, there are talks of multiple lawsuits coming out against Cyberpunk 2077 as a finished product. Investors feel they were not only led on, but the consumers were as well. I am not sure where this will end but this can't be good. 

I heard about these but I don't understand law and whatnot to make any sense of it. Just from what I gather is, they gave the company money and were promised ground-breaking implementations in the game and they didn't deliver on their end. Seeing the backlash, I think the investors are pissed they made a possible bad investment and want their money back.

Yeah these are legit. I don't know how far it will go but seeing that they were quite misleading, it is likely to stand in some cases in the court of law. I hope they are prepared for the worst and are hoping for the best. I would hate to be part of the company right now.

On 12/20/2020 at 5:57 PM, GBlack said:

I heard about these but I don't understand law and whatnot to make any sense of it. Just from what I gather is, they gave the company money and were promised ground-breaking implementations in the game and they didn't deliver on their end. Seeing the backlash, I think the investors are pissed they made a possible bad investment and want their money back.

They kind of sort of kicked themselves in their own backsides with this one. I don't know what they were thinking but I hope they don't go belly under from it. I don't think they will but you never know. 2020 has been a cruel mistress. 

A friend of mine is a lawyer and we were talking about this the other day. He said something like this can be dragged out for years before it gets settles and if they were smart, that is what they will do. This way if they have to bite the bullet and give them back their money, they will have already made some off the game and not take that big of a hit.

No update on anything from what I could find. I am not sure if this is down to lockdowns still happening from the virus or what but I can't see this being sorted anytime soon which is beneficial for the company at this point. 

On 1/5/2021 at 9:45 AM, Ghost said:

No update on anything from what I could find. I am not sure if this is down to lockdowns still happening from the virus or what but I can't see this being sorted anytime soon which is beneficial for the company at this point. 

Yeah I haven't heard anything though a lot has been going on. At least in the US. Info might be delayed and for all we know, meetings have been pushed back.