Linux runs the game better than Windows??

Twizted

So this is what I am being told. I have not tried it but apparently, if you can get the game to run on Linux, a lot of the issues you would normally have you just don't. This is pretty interesting considering how poorly the game is running elsewhere. Anyone here try this?

• Like 3

Heard the same. I am going to give this a test run over the weekend. I want to see for myself if there are differences. I will either do this tonight or tomorrow. I will try to remember to come back and post on it. Busy week ahead though!

I am still somewhat new to Linux but I am going to look into this. Are there any vids on it on YouTube that actually show the differences? I am legit curious now because if this is the case, once I upgrade to a better computer, I might just start it out on Linux and not even bother with a Windows 10 instillation.  

On 12/22/2020 at 12:19 PM, SickVic said:

Hmm...

I am going to try this. I run my PC on Linux but boot into Windows when I want to play games. I didn't even think it was supported. Interesting. 

Let me know. I would like to see if it does and if so, I will make the switch. I have been wanting to move to Linux for awhile but all my gaming and a lot of what I do is on Windows. 

• Like 1
On 12/30/2020 at 2:24 PM, Hantaro said:

It does run it better. My buddy is playing it through Linux. Go figure. Is there anything Linux doesn't do better at this point? It still shocks me people would choose Windows over it. 

I got it running on Linux myself and it is insane that I can turn up the graphics and get better results overall. I wish I had done it from the start. Very easy to run it and it makes a world of difference for me.

• Like 1

I ended up getting it running fairly easily. I used Steam Play Proton and since my specs were good enough to handle the game, it ran it pretty smoothly. I still notice the bugs but the game looks better, there is no more lag/freezing, and the game never crashes.

23 hours ago, SickVic said:

I ended up getting it running fairly easily. I used Steam Play Proton and since my specs were good enough to handle the game, it ran it pretty smoothly. I still notice the bugs but the game looks better, there is no more lag/freezing, and the game never crashes.

So running it on Linux effectively keeps it from freezing up or lagging? What about missions getting stuck? If it helps with that, which has to be one of my major annoyances, I will set it up on my PC.