What gang do you like the sound of?

These descriptions are all pulled from the official Instagram account page: https://www.instagram.com/cyberpunkgame/

Founded by veterans of the 4th Corporate War tired of the helplessness of the NCPD, 6th Street was meant to serve and protect the community of Vista del Rey. Today their interpretation of the law and “bringing justice to the city” is questionable and self-serving.

Voodoo Boys, an enigmatic gang from Pacifica, aren’t just netrunners devoted to uncovering the secrets of the Old Net and behind the Blackwall. They're also edgerunners: breaking every rule there is to break, and programming viruses that can freeze neural networks.

Tyger Claws is a gang of Japanese origin and stylistic influence, located in Japantown. They're ruthless and violent in practice, and intimidating in appearance. Katanas, street bikes and luminous tattoos are their trademarks.

Maelstrom’s territory is the industrial part of Watson. Its factories, the Totentanz Club – you’ll meet them there. They are obsessed with cybertechnology, and their urge to improve the weakness of human flesh is far stronger than their fear of cyberpsychosis.

One of Night City’s largest gangs, the Valentinos are bound by a strong moral code and century-old traditions. Controlling swathes of predominantly Latino areas of Heywood, they treat values such as honor, justice, and brotherhood with deadly seriousness.

Formed in 2076 after the death of Elizabeth “Lizzie” Borden, a strip club owner & ex-prostitute who treated her workers fairly and defended them from violent clients, The Mox refer to themselves as “those who protect working girls and guys” from violence and abuse.

Animals – an aggressive street-fighting gang from west Pacifica that eschews the use of traditional cyberware. Instead, they use ultra testosterone and animal supplements (like growth hormones). They’re animalistic at heart, and dangerously proud of who they are.

• Like 1

The Animals remind me of the roid raging people having a fit over gyms being forced to close right now because of the COVID outbreak. LOL! I saw some pictures of them and I have to say, considering they went a completely different direction, they are the most interesting to me. 

• Haha 1
18 minutes ago, Tanykome said:

Tyger Claws is a gang of Japanese origin and stylistic influence, located in Japantown. They're ruthless and violent in practice, and intimidating in appearance. Katanas, street bikes and luminous tattoos are their trademarks.

I am a sucker for Japanese culture so I am already way too invested and interested in this gang than I should be. My bother is still mad at me for naming my cats anime names that he can't pronounce (he lives with me) lol

• Like 2
On 8/2/2020 at 8:33 PM, Crabby said:

I am a sucker for Japanese culture so I am already way too invested and interested in this gang than I should be. My bother is still mad at me for naming my cats anime names that he can't pronounce (he lives with me) lol

Same. Soon as I heard about Tyger Claws I thought to myself, I am going to love this gang. I also like the idea of tattoos that light up. That sounds sick as hell.

• Like 2

They all have interesting points about them that actually play into a lot of current political and social issues we see in the world today. It will be interesting to see how these different groups interact with each other and with us in the game.

On 8/11/2020 at 3:08 PM, Jaysun said:

They all have interesting points about them that actually play into a lot of current political and social issues we see in the world today. It will be interesting to see how these different groups interact with each other and with us in the game.

I didn't think of it that deeply but now that you mention it, you can see the social struggles in each gang. Each one focuses on something different from the other ones. Pretty interesting stuff. 

• Like 1