Sony removed the game!?

KyleZ

So this is some pretty bad news. Sony decided to take the game off the marketplace and issue refunds for everyone who wants them. It seems as if they are parting ways from the devs and no longer wish to support the game. I am not sure how this will end up working out. This can't be good though!!

Holy crap, they did!? I didn't even know about this.

So yeah, I see it now. I see all sorts of people talking about it. I would imagine they will still support the game for people who want to play it but I feel like it is probably in most people's best interest to just get the refund and either play it on PC or wait for the PS5 release. 

On 12/19/2020 at 10:21 AM, Skellix said:

I heard. I think the digital copies will not get any support after this so unless you own the physical copy, you won't be able to play the game on the consoles. At least that is what I heard, I don't know if this is accurate or not.

That is what I was told. I mean from an actual Sony rep. I feel like this had to be one of the worst things that could come from the game's release. An entire platform shut the door on them. Gotta be painful.

• Like 1
On 12/20/2020 at 5:49 PM, spaceb0und said:

I heard rumors of Microsoft giving them the boot but they changed their mind to keep sales because Sony did it first. This has been an utter mess and such a perfect end to the 2020 year... ffs

Interesting...

You know, this is actually believable. I bet they stuck it out for the sales. Sony had its best year ever so they bit the cost. I think they only kept the game on their market place to go against Sony.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2020 at 5:56 PM, GBlack said:

That is what I was told. I mean from an actual Sony rep. I feel like this had to be one of the worst things that could come from the game's release. An entire platform shut the door on them. Gotta be painful.

The money loss and support alone had to suck. I don't know what they will do from here but they likely will get it back on the system after they fix the damn thing.

• Like 1
On 1/1/2021 at 12:00 PM, Skellix said:

The money loss and support alone had to suck. I don't know what they will do from here but they likely will get it back on the system after they fix the damn thing.

They probably have a deal with Sony to get it back on there after so many issues are fixed. Maybe this is how they kept their money from them? Not sure how it works. 

^ Came in here to mentioned that.

A friend's older brother works for Sony in the US and he said word has it that they intend on relaunching it in the second quarter of 2021. So they are giving them 3+ months to fix things.

On 1/5/2021 at 9:47 AM, Ghost said:

^ Came in here to mentioned that.

A friend's older brother works for Sony in the US and he said word has it that they intend on relaunching it in the second quarter of 2021. So they are giving them 3+ months to fix things.

I need some source material. Too many rumors are spread like this these days, no offense. 

If this is true though, which it is very likely they have set up some sort of contract to get the game back on Sony, the 3 month mark seems weird.